The virtual seminar will begin promptly at 1:30 PM, preceded by 15 minutes for socializing and networking. Come early to meet your fellow Triangle UXPA members and talk shop!
* You must be present at the host location to view this webinar.
Designing content for interfaces poses challenges that we don’t often see with static content for web sites or marketing collateral. When we work with interfaces, content strategy doesn’t just mean "writing the words" any more than design just means "making it pretty." Rather, content is inseparable from user experience because language itself is the interface. That’s why we must design content as an experience-not just as a marketing campaign.
In this seminar, Jonathon Colman shares a framework he's using at Facebook, one that anyone can use to build useful, usable content experiences for products. You’ll learn the principles of content strategy for interfaces by looking at several real-world examples. And you’ll gain the confidence you need to self-identify as a content designer, so you can act as a user advocate and have an impact with your organization or clients.
Create a foundation for content strategy
- See how content strategy is more than just copywriting or content marketing
- Learn how content strategy works in a context of product design and development
Approach content with an iterative methodology
- Create “minimum viable content” that provides quality and consistency
- Question norms, assumptions, and strategies when optimizing experiences
Learn how to create better content experiences for interfaces
- Plan and structure content experiences from strategy to surfaces
- Start with core values and apply them to user experiences
Build better content experiences
- Develop content principles and standards to guide your work
- See examples of how Facebook makes content that's simple, straightforward, and human
Attend this seminar if:
- You struggle with fitting content strategy into the design process
- You’re responsible for designing or writing for user interfaces
- You want to become a better advocate for the people using your products
If you want to learn how to build better product experiences, this seminar is for you.
Jonathon Colman is a content strategist and retired Peace Corps volunteer. For nearly 20 years, he’s helped people and organizations build, find, and use the best stuff online. Best known for his IA and SEO work for REI, Jonathon also helped lead a team to win two Webby Awards for The Nature Conservancy. He’s now part of Facebook's content strategy team in Menlo Park, CA.
SAS Training Room
Building F, Room 101
200 SAS Campus Drive
Cary, NC 27513