User Research Manager, docusign.com
A light dinner will be provided for the registration fee. The webinar will start promptly at 6:00 PM, preceded by a half hour for socializing, networking, and food. Come early to meet your fellow Triangle UXPAers and talk shop!
* You must be present at the host location to view this webinar.
Where does UX design fit into sprints? How do companies let go of Waterfall methodology?
If you’re struggling to confidently and clearly answer either of these questions, then it’s time to register for Aviva Rosenstein’s seminar.
You’ll learn how to clarify roles and responsibilities, and more effectively track and estimate UX work. You’ll also hear case studies of companies that brought teams together to work more collaboratively, iteratively, and harmoniously in an Agile process.
Learning from teams who’ve “been there, done that”
- Common problems that plague UX design in Agile--and how to overcome them
- Effective techniques that enterprise teams use to integrate UX design within Agile
- Bridge communication gaps that prevent teams from feeling connected
Increasing the value of UX in your organization
- Enlist the help of key stakeholders to clarify your role and responsibilities
- Discuss expectations and goals early, and focus conversations on user needs
- Facilitate brief intros among different team members at pre-determined milestones
Getting scrum teams involved in UX
- Ways to get feedback on design and cultivate team participation in design activities
- Clarify the definition of “done” so everyone owns product quality
- Include the team’s goals and needs in sprint retrospectives
Attend this seminar if you:
- Are launching fragmented designs that don’t truly serve users’ needs
- Need to reduce conflicts over product quality and stop the cycle of bug fixes
- Are trying to get your scrum teams more involved in UX design activities
- Want to hear how other teams make Agile and UX play nicely together
If your product discussions feel more like territorial battles than progressive UX design, you'll want your team participating in this seminar.
When we first heard Aviva Rosenstein present, we knew her enterprise UX expertise would be perfect for our virtual seminar audience … as you’ll soon learn for yourself.
Aviva is a user research manager at docusign.com, and over the past 15 years, she’s held lead UX roles at Salesforce, Yahoo!, and consulted with Fortune 500 companies and startups. She takes a practical approach to product design--focusing on user needs--and helps cross-functional teams do the same as they transition to iterative development methodologies like Agile.
Aviva earned a PhD in the social psychology of interactive media from the University of Texas. She wrote The UX Professionals’ Guide to Working with Agile Scrum Teams, and has spoken at conferences such as Agile2013, IA Summit, and An Event Apart. Get more goodness from her on Twitter@AvivaUX.
Capstrat, 1201 Edwards Mill Road, Fourth Floor
Glass Box Meeting Room (Turn left after exiting elevator)
, NC 27607