UIE Webinar: Championing Contextual Research in Your Organization
Steve Portigal, Portigal Consulting
A light dinner will be provided for the registration fee. The webinar will start promptly at 6pm, preceded by a half hour for socializing, networking, and food. Come early to meet your fellow TriUPAers and talk shop!
You’ll learn to:
- See field research as strong UX design tool
- Advocate for the adoption of contextual research
- Maximize the organizational impact of any research you do
- Engage the rest of the organization in contextual research
To the delight of UX designers everywhere, organizations today increasingly conduct user-centered research methods like surveys, focus groups, and usability testing.
But what can we learn beyond the office environment? Isn't user observation among the most powerful UX design research techniques we can do?
Yes! So Steve Portigal will describe the techniques, processes, and discussion points you can use to make it happen in your organization. And once you find out how to quell cultural or budgetary resistance to fieldwork, then you can create more analytical designs that make users jump for joy.
See field research as strong UX design tool
You'll gain user insight before you need it.
- Identify opportunities to learn about users
- Conduct specialized interviews beyond just "talking to people"
Advocate for the adoption of contextual research
You'll become a change agent in your organization.
- Understand how markets and processes relate to one another
- Discuss benefits and drawbacks for both stakeholders and users
Maximize the organizational impact of any research you do
You'll start to establish research agendas from the get-go.
- Integrate synthesis and analysis in any approved project
- Create research outputs that are relevant to your stakeholders
Engage the rest of the organization in contextual research
You'll make your process and outputs more visible.
- Tackle entrenched belief structures with hands-on techniques
- Involve teams in identifying patterns and themes
Empower your organization to embrace field research, and you'll be create stronger UX designs. So register for Steve's seminar today!
Why Steve Portigal?
Thanks to his endless fascination with culture, Steve has built a career on studying stuff, whether products or people. So it's no surprise that the tagline of his consulting business is "Discover and act on new insights." He is awesome at it!
In fact, Steve has helped companies like Hewlett-Packard, Sony, and Fisher-Price learn about their customers and themselves. His knack for seeing the connections between needs and solutions is a testament to his skill in study design, data analysis, and knowing which questions to ask.
So get ready for his pragmatic techniques for communicating the value of field research in your organization. He's the best teacher around. Check him out @steveportigal on Twitter.
Capstrat, 1201 Edwards Mill Road, First Floor