ChannelAdvisor is looking for an energetic and creative UX Designer to drive the overall design and user experience of the ChannelAdvisor platform. Combining a deep understanding of the needs of our customers with a passion for user experience and design you will work closely to design and deliver enhancements to our award winning platform. This position will work closely with both the Product Management and Product Development teams to design and deliver great products.
ChannelAdvisor’s UX Designer will:
- Ask questions! Ask lots and lots of questions! Then ask unique questions and use creative methods to dig deeper! Users rarely tell you exactly what they need, instead they typically tell you what they want, and you need to decipher the difference.
- Suggest a solution, iterate, suggest another solution, iterate again, and ultimately help decide the final direction. The UX Designer should take the lead in envisioning a solution to any range of user experience problems and support their suggestion with documentation (wireframes, personas, etc) that will help facilitate a decision.
- Rapid prototyping of new ideas, and production of high fidelity mockups when necessary.
- Come to the table with both usability best practices as well as new trends. Should we use a button or a drop down? Is that the best workflow, should it be a formalized workflow? Recognize and articulate best practices and introduce new trends in software-as-a-service applications usability.
- Play nicely with engineers. The engineering teams work closely with Product Managers and the UX Designer to help bring it all to life for our users.
- Own the overall user experience – own it, live it, love it.
- Expert understanding of usability principles.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Experience working in an Agile Development environment.
- Experience with graphic design principles, layout, composition, and color theory.
- Detail-oriented and organized.
- Strong understanding of browser fundamentals, including CSS, and HTML 4/5.
- Bachelor’s degree and 2-4 years experience with user experience in a Software as a Service product.
- Qualified applicants will need to provide sample URLs or an online portfolio.
About Triangle UXPA
The Triangle UXPA was founded in 2005, as the TriUPA, and is now the Triangle chapter of the User Experience Professionals Association. We're focused on building and supporting the local community of practitioners that focus on the user experience, usability, user testing, interaction design, and information architecture. Learn More
Looking to Hire?
Are you looking to hire a User Experience professional? The Triangle UXPA is the largest and most active community for UX professionals in the Triangle. We can help you find the people you need, whether you're looking for a User Experience Professional, UI Designer, Usability Expert, Interaction Designer or Information Architect.
Submit a Job Opening