Location: Raleigh, NC
Learn more: Email email@example.com
- Perform regular accessibility assessments of enterprise websites and applications
- Perform accessibility evaluations for products and services under consideration for purchase and deployment
- Research, analyze, and interpret a variety of inputs to conceive and document accessibility requirements.
- To provide oversight, technical leadership guidance, coordination and support the enterprise’s use of information technology with a focus on promoting, accessing and maintaining accessibility of digital properties.
- Effectively represents the voice of user to influence and improve consideration of accessibility concerns in design and development decisions.
- Collaborate with an interdisciplinary team that includes user experience designers, visual designers, content specialists, and developers during ideation, design, and development.
- Consult with the team throughout development and rollout to ensure accessibility concerns are understood, implemented and communicated appropriately.
- Mentor team members on accessibility and related topics.
- Participate in scoping and planning of projects.
- Contribute to internal innovation projects related to user experience.
- Minimum 4 years’ experience in a similar role.
- Undergraduate degree in Human-Computer Interaction, Human Factors, Psychology, Marketing, Communications, related fields or relevant combination of undergraduate and professional experience.
- Advanced knowledge and application of accessibility factors, per W3C WAI guidelines & specifications (WCAG, WAI-ARIA, etc.), Section 508 requirements and other relevant standards.
- Experience of providing critical analysis to the work products of designers and developers.
- Experience using both Automated and Manual Accessibility inspection methods.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written. Ability to sell ideas with strong negotiation skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively with team and internal clients.
- Ability to work autonomously and manage time effectively.
- Graduate degree in Human-Computer Interaction, Human Factors, Psychology, Marketing, Communications or related fields.
- Understanding of Mobile and/or Responsive Web preferred.
- Experience working with Agile methodology preferred
- Knowledge of video, motion graphics, Flash and photography a plus.