Company: The LexisNexis Group
Location: Raleigh, NC
Learn more: email email@example.com
The LexisNexis Group delivers comprehensive and authoritative legal, business, government and tax information worldwide as an industry leader. It unites proprietary brands, advanced web technologies, and premium information sources for customers in the legal, corporate, government and academic markets in 100 countries on six continents.
We develop power tools for lawyers across desktop, laptop and mobile devices. We aspire to deliver best-in-class solutions which help the legal industry win business and win cases. LexisNexis, the global legal and information division of Reed Elsevier plc, is looking for a Senior User Experience Designer focused on 'search and content discovery' to join the global UX team.
- Develop innovative user interface designs in response to marketing requirements, user analyses, product innovation, technology, and business needs.
- Develop conceptual models, personas, workflows, design prototypes, and user interface specifications.
* Work closely with 'Search' Product Management and translate business and product priorities into well-defined search interaction models.
- Assist product management in authoring product requirements documents.
- Present and explain complex concepts, designs and interaction models to a variety of audiences.
- Contribute to the global design patterns project - conceive and implement interface standards and guidelines
- Present design concepts and negotiate with stakeholders to arrive at a design that support both the business and a strong user experience.
- Conduct and/or participate in product usability tests.
- Lead design reviews.
- Communicate and work effectively with cross-functional team members including but not limited to sales, marketing, product managers, project managers and software engineers.
- Provide mentoring and education on user experience, as needed.
- Lead team of designers, technical writers and web developers on large-scale design efforts.
- Provide direction for other product designers while evangelizing usability, simplicity and high quality design.
- Offer support and advice to stakeholders on prioritization and product strategy.
- Stay current on trends and best practices in user experience field.
- 5 – 7+ years’ experience in a commercial software product company.
- BA/BS or advanced degree preferred in Human Factors, Human-Computer Interaction, Industrial Design, Cognitive Psychology, or a related field or demonstrated comparable experience designing commercial software products.
- Mastery of user centered design principles and practices.
- Mastery of interaction design and information architecture disciplines, creating wireframes, site maps, user workflows, and prototypes.
- Experience with various UX research methods, including usability testing
- Experience working on large-scale complex web based applications
- Experience working on “search” driven applications
- Innovative, creative problem solver with an eye for detail and accuracy.
- Experience with agile development methodologies
- Self-starter that is able to work both independently as well as collaboratively with cross-functional teams.
- Excellent communication skills (oral, written, and listening).
- Excellent organisation skills with proven ability to manage multiple concurrent projects and to adjust to frequent changes in project priorities.
- Knowledge of international and accessibility design considerations.
- Ability to work independently, without direction or supervision.
- Awareness of trends and best practices in the information development field
- Preferred experience with data visualization techniques.
- Preferred experience with Axure RP, Balsamiq, or Visio, Adobe Creative Suite.
- Proficiency in visual design.