Learn more: https://sjobs.brassring.com/1033/ASP/TG/cim_jobdetail.asp?partnerid=25999&siteid=5373&AReq=50379BR
We’re looking for a Senior User Experience Researcher who loves learning about users and their needs and can turn that learning into insights that guide product designs. We are rethinking BBT.com, updating online banking and our mobile applications, and wanting to improve our understanding of our users, and are looking for someone who can conduct user research that will guide these efforts and help the product teams prioritize their work and improve their designs. It’s a big task, and we will support you with top-notch research colleagues to collaborate with, product teams that are hungry for the insights your research can provide them and eager to support you, and a management team who wholeheartedly believes in the value of the research and provides strong financial support. Your work in this area will improve the experiences of millions of customers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The following is a summary of the essential job functions for this job. Other duties may be performed, both major and minor, which are not mentioned below. Specific activities may change from time to time.
What you’ll be doing:
- First and foremost, you’ll work with a variety of product teams to understand what information about our users will help guide their designs and devise creative and efficient approaches to get answers to their questions.
- You will partner with them to conduct the user research and summarize the learnings.
- You will help design and run benchmark usability tests and surveys that will track the performance of and satisfaction with our interfaces for functions that are important to our users and our business.
- You will help us identify and better understand the digital needs of our users, and identify gaps between their needs and our current capabilities.
- You will help monitor the sentiment of our users and identify patterns that need to be understood by the product teams.
- You will also follow how the industry is transforming, looking for UX research best practices that can improve efficiency and enable additional research.
Required Skills and Competencies:
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge skill and or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
What we are looking for:
- Experience in the role of a senior user experience researcher, defining and executing research that is able to measure the usability of digital interfaces and provide insights into possible ways to improve that performance, and defining and executing research that is able to identify user needs, both met and unmet
- Experience in running a variety of user research methods, such as usability testing, remote moderated and unmoderated studies, performance benchmarks, competitive benchmarks, structured surveys, user interviews, focus groups, ethnographic research, contextual inquiry, opinion benchmarks, longitudinal studies, diary studies, concept testing, card sorting and tree testing, and experience in planning the experimental designs, authoring the moderator guides, conducting statistical analyses, and writing final reports
- Degree in human-computer interaction (HCI), user experience, human factors, usability engineering, or related field or equivalent experience
BB&T is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers all qualified applicants regardless of race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status or other classification protected by law.