Company: McClatchy Company
Learn more: http://www.jobs.net/jobs/mcclatchy-widget/en-us/job/United-States/User-Experience-Researcher/J126LK62JW149MB2MRM
We are seeking an innovative and highly motivated User Experience Researcher to join our growing UX team. We work collaboratively with Product Designers and Product Managers to provide end-to-end user research to support our many editorial and marketing products. This position will primarily be focused on expanding our qualitative research efforts. You will be responsible for designing, conducting, analyzing and reporting on in-depth interviews and focus groups, as well as online surveys and usability tests. This includes working closely with the Design team to build prototypes or wireframes for testing, writing protocols, recruiting participants and facilitating weekly interviews. You will also be responsible for understanding and communicating the results of your research to stakeholders.
● Broad understanding of the user experience with the ability to think holistically across all levels of product discovery and interaction.
● Experience in developing and supporting research frameworks including A/B testing, expert reviews, card sorting, user interviews, ethnography and surveys.
● Ability to communicate the user experience through user journeys, personas, interactive prototypes, wireframes and design specifications.
● A good understanding of digital products: responsive web, mobile-first design, mobile apps, email and video.
● Experience and understanding of digital journalism and media products is a plus.
● Collaborate with others on the UX team to synthesize qualitative and analytical data into a comprehensive understanding of user behavior.
● Lead user research efforts, including qualitative interviews, competitive product interviews, focus groups, ethnography, online surveys and usability tests.
● Create user journeys, wireframes and other documentation needed to communicate the results of your research to the rest of the team.
● Work with the rest of UX group to develop research strategies to better support Business, Product, Design and Development teams.
● Develop and maintain a reader database to recruit users for future research projects
● B.S. or M.S. in Human Factors or related User Experience, Human Centered Design or Human Computer Interaction degree - or relevant professional experience.
● One or two years experience in the field.
● Familiarity and experience in usability moderation, participant recruiting and creation of screeners, experiment design, selection of methodologies, debriefing, facilitation, qualitative/quantitative analysis, and both written and spoken presentation of results