Our Health Care Leader client has an immediate 6+ contract requirement for a Mid to Senior UI UX Developer with larger enterprise and brand experience. Contract extension highly likely.
For the size and breadth of their web and mobile office, this is a rare combination of both UI and UX talent and responsibilities. You will be responsible for creating and managing interactive design elements, page level layout, task fulfillment and consistent visual treatment of web sites, email campaigns and web applications. Participate in concept development of design solutions and provide input in how the visual interface should be designed. Ensure that the application of visual assets and realization of information design efforts support the users’ needs and align with the design and brand strategy. Design user interfaces, interactions and information architectures for web sites and applications and validating that those designs meet both business requirements and the needs of end-users. Act as a critical link between the end-user, business owner and the web office team to ensure that user-centered design principles and best practices are applied to all web e xperiences.
- Create innovative designs for web sites, email campaigns, web applications and other digital platforms across the enterprise.
- Work as an integral member of project teams with user experience designers, content strategists, usability analysts and other visual design team members.
- Produce multiple design concepts that engage with users and fulfill project goals and requirements.
- Work closely with team members on the creation, design and implementation of approved projects.
- Identify interaction and visual user interface requirements and develop design approaches.
- Produce multiple concepts that engage users and fulfill project goals and requirements.
- Develop design prototypes, story boards and written visual user interface specifications.
- Collaborate and share expertise with our creative studio, content strategists, developers and other team members.
- Ensures consistency with brand guidelines and adheres to visual guidelines, CSS standards, UI library components and defined design language for the web.
- Work with developers to integrate visual and interaction design artifacts into functional prototypes or production ready pages.
- Represent the voice of the user, and be an advocate for user needs throughout the development lifecycle.
- Raise/escalate issues that could impact the usability of proposed designs.
- Effectively explain and sell design recommendations.
- Plan, coordinate and conduct user research.
- Conduct site visits, contextual inquiries, lab-based and remote usability tests, surveys and/or other research to identify, understand and prioritize user needs and workflows.
- Research and analyze industry trends and competitor sites; and prioritize and promote design recommendations based on research findings.
- Design user interfaces.
- Translate business requirements, use cases and functional specifications into information architecture, user interface and interaction design for optimal user experiences.
- Develop user experience documentation (wireframes and flows) detailing proposed solutions and revise as necessary to achieve stakeholder approval.
- Evaluate proposed and existing designs.
- Evaluate user interface design at all stages of the development lifecycle (in wireframe form, in development and after implementation).
- Plan, organize and conduct usability testing sessions with both internal and external users.
- Work collaboratively with web experience team members to ensure that visual design is user-friendly and consistent, and that copy is clear, concise, and user-friendly.
- Bachelor’s degree and 5 years experience designing Web based interfaces and applications. Degree in Web Visual Design, Graphic Design, Information Design, or Human-Computer Interaction preferred.
- 3 years experience in information architecture/usability engineering of web sites and applications in a professional environment.
- Work experience demonstrates formal understanding, training or experience with user-centered design principles and information/interaction design.
- Web consulting or services firm experience a plus.
- Experience in the organization, execution and analysis of usability testing (both on prototypes and live systems).
- Experience with large-scale/complex web applications.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively through various formats (both oral and written), both individually and in groups.
- Experience working with project teams to accomplish aggressive goals within short time frames.
- Demonstrated expertise in user experience design and usability research methods.
- Demonstrated ability to document designs in both flow chart and wireframe formats.
- Demonstrated commitment to user advocacy.
- Experience in the healthcare and/or health insurance industry a plus.
You will work at one of the top and most innovative health care insurance providers in country. Also one of the most attractive places to work in RDU. The work that you will do will have a meaningful and positive impact on the health of thousands, if not millions, of current and future members/policyholders. This is an innovative and growth area within our client's organization.
Contact Beth Pavelka
About Triangle UXPA
The Triangle UXPA was founded in 2005, as the TriUPA, and is now the Triangle chapter of the User Experience Professionals Association. We're focused on building and supporting the local community of practitioners that focus on the user experience, usability, user testing, interaction design, and information architecture. Learn More
Looking to Hire?
Are you looking to hire a User Experience professional? The Triangle UXPA is the largest and most active community for UX professionals in the Triangle. We can help you find the people you need, whether you're looking for a User Experience Professional, UI Designer, Usability Expert, Interaction Designer or Information Architect.
Submit a Job Opening