The Usability Architect is a new role at Office Depot and is junior to the Sr. Usability Architect. This role supports usability of the online design process and has responsibility for the success of mid-size projects. The Usability Architect will function as part of a cross-functional, matrixed team with responsibility for research, strategy execution, product definition, and design refinement. This role will function as an innovative designer, a product manager, a confident team member, team player, and skilled client partner.
Bachelor's Degree and six years experience
- 5+ years experience creating interfaces, mid-size websites, or applications
- Experienced user of Adobe Creative Suite (Fireworks, InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrater, Dreamweaver), MS Visio or Omnigraffle
- Ability to understand customer needs, motivations and behaviors and translate them into actionable deliverables; Self-starter who will bring original ideas and fresh approaches to each project they work on; Strong knowledge of user interface design processes and methodology, particularly as applied to Web-based applications; Demonstrated experience using web analytics data to inform design decisions - must have an intermediate understanding of major web analytics packages and SEO strategies; Strong self-management skills as well as ability to work as a contributing member of a multi-discipline team; Ability to collaborate with other designers and developers to envision and iterate concepts; Advanced proficiency with design and prototyping tools such as Photoshop, Illustrator and Visio;
- Strong desire to produce the best experiences in the industry hands-down; Tendency to lose sleep if the customer experience is sub-optimal and not streamlined; Proactive, hands-on person who loves a challenge; Self-motivated, strong self-management
- BS/BA in Design, HCI or related degree preferred
Pay, Benefits and Work Schedule:
Office Depot offers competitive salaries, a benefits package, which includes a 401(k) and more, along with plenty of opportunity to move and grow within our organization! For immediate consideration for this exciting position, please click the Apply Now button.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Office Depot is committed to providing equal employment opportunities in all employment practices, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, age, veteran’s status, disability, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.