Bandwidth.com is seeking a talented User Experience Designer who's passionate about designing simple, intuitive user interfaces that are enjoyable to use. This is a great opportunity for a motivated individual with experience and interest in creating user-centered designs for web and mobile products. The ideal candidate would have experience both designing user interfaces and conducting usability research, and would be a strong advocate on behalf of our users. The User Experience Designer will work with colleagues from a variety of disciplines and should be able to effectively communicate the research-based rationale behind design decisions and recommendations. The ability to foster positive, pleasant working relationships with UI Developers, Visual Designers, Product Managers and other colleagues in general is a must-have.
- Help define requirements that support a positive customer experience
- Create detailed UI design wireframes that communicate interaction behaviors and that are rooted in usability best practices
- Present design work to project team members and be receptive to stakeholder feedback
- Conduct user research including formal and informal usability testing, heuristic evaluations, card sorting, interviews, surveys etc.
Required Skills Proficiency in a wireframing tool like Balsamiq or Visio
- Excellent communication, presentation, interpersonal and analytical skills including the ability to communicate complex, interactive design concepts clearly and persuasively to a variety of audiences
- Self-starter who is detail-oriented, amiable and committed to doing what's best for our customers
- Ability to work effectively with technical teams and handle multiple projects in a fluid, fast-paced environment
Required Experience 2 to 5 years of professional experience working as a User Experience Designer, Interaction Designer, Usability Engineer, Information Architect, Human Factors Engineer or User Interface Designer; professional experience designing user interfaces based on UCD principles and conducting usability research/testing
- BA/BS in Human-Computer Interaction, Human Factors, Interaction Design or equivalent professional experience
- A portfolio of previous work demonstrating strengths in designing interfaces that are easy and enjoyable to use
- Professional experience designing user experiences for mobile applications is preferred but not required
If you're interested in being considered for this role, please apply online.