Learn more: https://jobs.citrix.com/job/R24763/Senior-UX-Researcher
We believe work is not a place, but rather a thing you do. Our technology revolves around this core philosophy. We are relentlessly committed to helping people work and play from anywhere, on any device. Innovation, creativity and a passion for ever-improving performance drive our company and our people forward. We empower the original mobile device: YOU!
What we're looking for:
Are you passionate about research and user-centered design? We are seeking a Sr. UX Researcher to help guide our enterprise admin and end-user experiences to the next level. Efforts that go into creating the experiences and crafting the details in our products help transform the way people work.
Our ideal candidate advocates for users and leverages data to design our product experiences. We appreciate researchers who think deeply, problem solves, and have a good sense of humor, and love collaboration. This role requires skills both in traditional HCI practices, and data science statistical skill set required for collecting deep insights on our product portfolio experience. Responsibilities include data science, evaluation exercises, and strategic generative/ concept field research for Product Design teams. This role is based out of our Citrix Product Design office. This role will support multiple products at Citrix. You will have the opportunity to influence the design and direction of the products to meet customers’ needs.
- Shows a passion for user-centered design within and outside the company.
- Proactively collaborates within the Product Design team members and other internal cross-functional teams. Understand how design fits into the development process for multiple products.
- Works with stakeholders determine proper methodologies, testing timelines, and outcomes to align to business impacts. Recruits required participants for research study designs.
- Provides input for testing wireframes, mock-ups, prototypes, and assets for various platforms (e.g., web, mobile, and desktop), may create assets required for testing as needed.
- Has an analytical mind and be able to process data from various sources to amplify findings such as product, market, usage, or other quantitative data.
- Demonstrates the ability to be meticulous, resourceful, creative, collaborative, and empathetic by attacking projects with positive attitude and know when to reach out for help from your team.
- Proactively seeks knowledge from cohorts and management support how to build/research solutions with strategic intention.
- Minimum Master of Science or Arts in Human Factors, Human Cognition and Interaction, Data Science or Product Design preferred, additional bachelor’s degrees will be considered with relevant experience such as Anthropology, Psychology, and Cognitive Science, Statistical Methods, or Machine Learning.
- Requires a minimum 5+ years of prior applied user research or relevant industry experience in product design with a solid foundation in HCI methodologies and research skills.
- Has a solid portfolio showcasing work that exhibits attention to detail and articulates design recommendations. Portfolio must demonstrate 3-4 examples that demonstrates a range of skills that may include:
- (UX) and user interface (UI) design research for multiple products. User-centered design methods and techniques (e.g., user research and testing, data analysis, customer journey maps, etc.)
- Working and collaborating in Agile development environments or experience in Agile/Scrum development teams. Expertise in enterprise space for complicated systems or systems design.
- Expertise in quantitative field with demonstrated skill in R, AWS, NoSQL Systems, or/and Spark or other tools.
- Visualization of data insights and data dissemination for storytelling desired.
- Preferred Requirements
- Has proficiency in leveraging UX industry tools: wireframes, designs concepts, prototypes, and technical documentation using industry tools (e.g., Qualtrics, Validately, SPSS, InVision, Axure, Microsoft Office).
- Experience in visual design, interaction design, human factors, human-computer interaction, development, or equivalent professional experience in other facets of user experience design.
- Experience as a data professional (big data solutions)
- Experience in statistical methods (e.g., correlations and regressions, anova, resampling, effect size)
- Experience in Machine-learning Techniques (e.g., clustering, decision trees, nearest-neighbors, support vector classifiers, ensemble methods, collaborative filtering)
- Understanding and proficiency of database administration and data structures
To be considered for this position, you must submit ALL of these requirements:
- Portfolio link, professional website, or examples. Portfolio must include 4-5 sample case studies demonstrating relevant experience and/or education. (Please ensure samples are nuanced to show the breadth of your work).
- Cover letter explaining your interest and suitability for the position