Learn more: https://krb-sjobs.brassring.com/TGnewUI/Search/home/HomeWithPreLoad?PageType=JobDetails&partnerid=26059&siteid=5016&Areq=352008BR#jobDetails=369965_5016
Thomas J. Watson said it best: “Good design is good business.” Visualization is critical to discovering data-driven insights and effectively communicating that knowledge to others. Designers at IBM work to create experiences that work together, work the same, and work for our clients. Does the thought of creating the platform at the heart of solutions like Watson, Blockchain, IoT, and Security excite you? If so, read on!
Your Role and Responsibilities:
Who we Are:
IBM Z is the World's most powerful business platform. 68% of enterprise production workloads, 80% of structured enterprise data, and 55% of all enterprise transactions, including more than 50% of the back end transactions generated from mobile enterprise applications run on IBM Z. We are embarking on an exciting journey to transform the IT Operations experience by embracing disruptive technologies that provide artificial intelligence combined with world class automation to significantly improve the effectiveness of today’s operations teams.
To accomplish this transformation, we are aggressively hiring top talent for a variety of positions, including design professionals. Join us on this exciting journey, leverage cutting edge technologies at work, and deliver meaningful innovation for the platform that runs the worlds business.
- The candidate will participate in the UX Research and UX Design of our IT Operational Analytics / AIOPS portfolio to provide an improved client experience with respect to our portfolio.
- Understanding user needs, and exploring user-centered designs
- Leveraging modern tools and techniques to develop highly usable UX/UI Designs that meet and exceed client needs.
- Identifying and addressing UX/UI design issues from clients, developers, service and support personnel.
- Actively participating in design sessions: empathy mapping, user feedback sessions and end of sprint demos/playbacks.
- Coaching, educating, and advocating UX/UI Design best practices
- Exploring new/emerging UX/UI capabilities to be used in our software products.
- Providing prototype Designs needed for Sponsor, Stakeholder and Customer feedback sessions.
- Collaborate across the design and development teams to explore new ways to present and manipulate information.
About the Team:
You will be working across a WW team of 200+ highly skilled designers, offering managers and software engineers. We have teams located in Research Triangle Park North Carolina, Beijing China and Boeblingen Germany.
Required Professional and Technical Expertise:
- Able to focus on design detail and ascertain user value and impact as part of their software experience
- Experience solving complex design problems for Web interactions or software solutions
- Demonstrated ability to translate research findings into complex interaction designs that provide usable, effective and efficient experiences to users
- Demonstrated ability to produce and enhance low-fidelity sketches and medium fidelity wireframes to facilitate communication of recommended solutions (Sketch, Invision, Illustrator)
- Demonstrated ability to create interactive prototypes (Axure, Invision)
- Demonstrated ability to tell a meaningful story about the user and great presentation skills
- Portfolio and work samples including user-centered design skills, visualizations of complex experiences such as flows, scenarios, personas, etc. (any fidelity), sketches to mid-fidelity interactions (show your process) and clickable prototypes (any fidelity)
Preferred Professional and Technical Expertise:
- 3+ years of practical use of UXR techniques (interviews, empathy mapping, data analysis)
- 3+ years of practical use of UX/UI techniques (wireframe creation), Sketch, Axure, Invision, Illustrator.
- Demonstrated ability to work with cross functional teams (Design, Development, Offering management, Architects).
- Interest in learning about existing and emerging UI technologies and leveraging the new technologies.
- Experience with IBM Z Software or Hardware portfolio and concepts
- Experience with Hybrid Cloud portfolio and concepts