Recruiting Company: CTG
Location: Durham, RTP
Learn more: https://careers.ctg.com/NA/jobs/user-experience-designer-researcher-8197?et=6lyorUwH
Our client is looking for a User Experience Designer / Researcher to bring data from our users into our design process. This role will focus on designing modern desktop software and rich web applications utilizing great UX and best practices. They will be part of a multidisciplinary UX group and work closely with product owners, developers, and cross-functional teams. They will drive user research to create data-driven creative solutions for complex workflows dealing with commerce and retail. This candidate will not only have extensive understanding of UX methodologies, but they will be able to analyze data, perform various research processes, and then deliver workflows and solutions based on their findings.
The candidate should be a thoughtful, inherently collaborative, and detail-focused designer that thrives on complexity and can take ownership of a project to provide design guidance and direction with innovative solutions that go beyond simple business requirements. A portfolio review will be required.
- Conceive, manage, and drive the project’s design from concept to implementation using the full breadth of the UX process
- Facilitate design discussions to gather business requirements and use cases with story maps and other tools
- Analyze user needs and communicate it through ideation sketches, storyboards, process flows, and diagrams
- Create UX artifacts of the appropriate fidelity to describe the intended experience, such as journey maps, wireframes, prototypes,
- Explore how to turn complex interactions into simple and inventive user interfaces
- Work closely and collaboratively with the UX department, development teams, and business leads
- Present and defend design decisions and rationale
- Incorporate user research, personas, and usability testing into design decisions
- Plan, recruit for, and conduct usability tests, some of which might be field studies
- Show deep knowledge of the latest science and trends in UX/UI best practices
- Wireframing and prototyping tools (XD, Figma, Axure, Sketch, etc.)
- UX collaboration tools (Miro, Invision, Mural, StoriesOnBoard, etc.)
- User research tools
- PowerPoint and other presentation tools
- Familiarity with HTML 5, CSS 3 frameworks
- Bachelor degree or equivalent work experience in HCI, Interaction Design, Cognitive Psychology, or related field (graduate degree preferred)
- 5+ years as a UX Designer, UX Researcher, Interaction Designer, or related field
- Comfortable with design facilitation, collaboration, and heuristic evaluation
- Proficiency in qualitative and quantitative research methods (data analysis, remote testing, eye tracking, card sorting, surveys, contextual inquiries, etc.)
- Proven ability in executing ethnographic and usability studies to create complex workflows and incorporating it into design decisions
- Excellent communication and presentation skills – both in creating presentation materials and in-person
- Ability to prioritize and accomplish multiple tasks with minimal supervision
- Experience with Agile methodologies
- Portfolio required
- Extensive background in developing both enterprise and consumer applications
- Ability to design mobile app experiences
- Ability to give and receive feedback gracefully
- Comfortable in creating and organization design documentation
Excellent verbal and written English communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group is required.
CTG does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies, or fee based recruitment services for this role.
To be considered please immediately apply to this requisition using the link provided. For more information, contact the recruiter, Sara Wade at 512-937-1094 (call or text) CST or email email@example.com. Kindly forward to any other interested parties - thank you!
CTG’s Benefits Plan allows you to select insurance coverage that best suits your lifestyle, and take part in our savings programs and educational plans. We offer Flexible Spending Accounts, a 401(k) Retirement Plan, and an Employee Stock Purchase plan. Our educational plan comprises access to more than 2,000 web-based technical, professional and business development courses.
CTG is a leading provider of digital transformation solutions and services that accelerate clients’ project momentum and achievement of their desired IT and business outcomes. Our vision is to be an indispensable partner to our clients and the preferred career destination for digital and technology experts. CTG has operations in North America, South America, Western Europe, and India. For more information, visit www.ctg.com.
Our culture is a direct result of the people who work at CTG, the values we hold, and the actions we take. In other words, our people are the culture. It's a living, breathing thing that is renewed every day through the ways we engage with each other, our clients, and our communities. Part of our mission is to cultivate a workplace that attracts and develops the best people, reflected by our recognition as a Great Place to Work-certified company across many of our global operations.
CTG will consider for employment all qualified applicants including those with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of all applicable local, state, and federal laws.
CTG is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. CTG will assure equal opportunity and consideration to all applicants and employees in recruitment, selection, placement, training, benefits, compensation, promotion, transfer, and release of individuals without regard to race, creed, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and gender expression, age, disability, marital or veteran status, citizenship status, or any other discriminatory factors as required by law. Our Affirmative Action program serves to promote occupational equality and diversity through good faith efforts. CTG is fully committed to promoting employment opportunities for members of protected classes.