Company: Harmonic Insurance
Learn more: https://angel.co/company/harmonic-insurance/jobs/1319885-product-designer
Harmonic is looking for a Senior Product Designer to join our team in either Oakland, CA or remote on a full time basis. We are an Insurtech startup that is building a multi-faceted product around the steps one should take to plan for the future and are looking for an experienced product designer who is excited to build an experience almost entirely from scratch. This role offers you the chance to set up our company's design ecosystem the way you see fit with tremendous leeway to advocate for the software and systems you love.
We are looking for the right Senior Product Designer who can help us create a memorable and impactful user experience that delights the customer and leaves them wanting more. This product designer will be responsible for the design and UX of our entire product with particular focus on helping us design our customer journey. The right candidate has done this before and knows how to lay the groundwork for a scalable product.
This position will require close work with the Product and Customer Experience teams, as well as some work with the CTO and engineering team. We strive to be great teammates, and we are looking for someone who is also a great team player.
- Take UX Ownership -- In partnership with Product and Customer Experience, you will develop an experience that is enjoyable and memorable for both visitors and users. A successful UX will drive deeper engagement with our services and increased revenue.
- Take UI Ownership -- You will own all aspects of our visual design, starting with creating a visual design strategy for the brand all the way to implementing those strategies across the different products
- Move Quickly -- At an early stage company like ours, we move quickly. In this role you will jump right in and immediately begin designing products that will be impactful for our users
- Wear Multiple Hats -- While creating gorgeous mockups will be an important part of the role, you will also help lead user testing sessions, play a role in strategy sessions, and be a general partner for the team during this period of explosive growth.
- Avoid taking shortcuts that will lead to tough decisions in the future, and think in terms of future iterations so that we are always looking ahead
You should have:
- 5+ years of relevant design experience with a successful track record of turning complicated products into an elegant customer experience
- Experience in turning large concepts and feelings into a visual brand identity
- Experience owning projects in a startup environment and taking them from 0 to 1
- Strong UX, interaction-design, and information-design skills with knowledge of industry best practices
- Comfort with ambiguity
- Plus: Past experience with insurance products
Compensation $110,000 - $150,000 + equity.
Harmonic is a different kind of fintech - we’re focused on people, and use financial products and technology to help them. Harmonic has created a Safety Net platform that weaves together diverse financial products including insurance, savings, financial planning, and more to make American families more financially resilient.
Each customer’s customized financial safety net protects the people and things they care about most, prepares them for unexpected financial expenses and risks, and helps them achieve financial longevity to be able to live their dreams.
We are on a mission to help every American achieve financial resilience with a financial safety net - whether they get the elements of their safety net from Harmonic or not.
We hire builders and believers. We believe people treat each other better when they have less stress, especially financial stress. Want to be part of the safety net solution? Join us in creating a more resilient country.