Company: SAS Institute, Inc.
Location: Cary, NC
Learn more: https://careers-sas.icims.com/jobs/24551/job
Are you a problem solver, explorer, and knowledge seeker – always asking, “What if?”
If so, then you may be the new team member we’re looking for. Because at SAS, your curiosity matters – whether you’re developing algorithms, creating customer experiences or answering critical questions. Curiosity is our code, and the opportunities here are endless.
What we do
We’re the leader in analytics. Through our software and services, we inspire customers around the world to transform data into intelligence. Our curiosity fuels innovation, pushing boundaries, challenging the status quo and changing the way we live.
What you’ll do
We’re looking for a User Experience Designer to solve complex technical problems through simple and delightful user experiences at the enterprise level. The SAS User Experience (UX) community prides itself on a strong user-centered design philosophy.
As a User Experience Designer of Intelligent Decisioning in the Experience Design division at SAS, you will transform sets of requirements for web applications into highly innovative and compelling user flows, with the support of your UX design colleagues, as well as development and product management.
- Collaborate with the user interface community to generate innovative designs.
- Ensure consistency and support accessibility/universal design principles within and across products.
- Apply your experience with user interface component libraries, consistency standards, and responsive user interfaces to this role in collaboration with your
- Involve product management and development in the design process to ensure requirements are met and solutions can be implemented.
- Ideate, test, and iterate using low- and/or high-fidelity prototypes.
- Generate and maintain user interface specification documents.
- Gather user data via methods such as surveys, usability tests, customer site visits, focus groups, task analysis and participatory design, with support from colleagues in UX, product management, development, and sales.
- Analyze quantitative and qualitative data and present findings and recommendations to the product team.
- Organize and facilitate workshops in our design studio or in virtual format, using design thinking methods to get the whole team on the same page about requirements, users, user journey, pain points and expectations.
What we’re looking for:
You have a bachelor’s degree in UX, Interactive Media/Design, Information Architecture, Human Computer Interaction, or in a related design field such as Computer Science, Visual Communications, or the like.
The nice to haves
- Portfolio of user experience design and research.
- Facility with common design and prototyping tools, such as: Figma, Sketch, Illustrator, Bootstrap, Balsamiq.
- 3+ years of experience in the design of web and/or mobile applications.
- 3+ years of experience with user-centered design methodologies.
- You’re curious, passionate, authentic, and accountable. These are our values and influence everything we do.
The other knowledge, skills, and abilities needed
- 5+ years of experience in user experience design and research.
- Exposure to and experience with Agile software development practices.
- Experience designing user interfaces for decision management, analytics, machine learning or digital marketing
- Familiarity or experience with accessibility issues in user interface design.
We love living the #SASlife and believe that happy, healthy people have a passion for life, and bring that energy to work. No matter what your specialty or where you are in the world, your unique contributions will make a difference.
Our multi-dimensional culture blends our different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. Here, it isn’t about fitting into our culture, it’s about adding to it - and we can’t wait to see what you’ll bring.
SAS is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. Read more: Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law. Also view the supplement EEO is the Law, and the Pay Transparency notice.
Equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be considered in place of the above qualifications. The level of this position will be determined based on the applicant's education, skills and experience. Resumes may be considered in the order they are received. SAS employees performing certain job functions may require access to technology or software subject to export or import regulations. To comply with these regulations, SAS may obtain nationality or citizenship information from applicants for employment. SAS collects this information solely for trade law compliance purposes and does not use it to discriminate unfairly in the hiring process.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Solid articulation and presentation skills.
- Superior organizational and time management skills.
- Pro-active and self-motivated.
- Ability to work across multiple business units.
- Why SAS