Location: Durham, NC
Learn More: https://www.viget.com/careers/ux-research-apprentice/
We are actively seeking candidates for this position! The deadline to apply is Wednesday, July 28th.
Viget’s UX Researchers help clients understand their users' experiences, motivations, and behaviors. We use this understanding to design digital products and experiences for clients that range from early-stage startups to established nonprofits and for-profits. When we can, we also share our opinions and write about our methods.
As an apprentice, you'll participate in all aspects of the UX research process, including study design, data collection, and synthesis. You'll work alongside a dedicated advisor and gain valuable exposure to client projects and deliverables, join meetings, and experience client presentations. And, throughout the program, you'll meet regularly with your advisor to identify and make progress on personalized learning goals.
- The UX Research Apprenticeship is offered in-person at four of our office locations (Falls Church, VA; Durham, NC; Chattanooga, TN; and Boulder, CO) or remotely for US-based candidates.
- The apprenticeship lasts 10 weeks, from September 13 to November 19.
- Apprentices are expected to work 40 hours/week (9-5, M-F, but we can be flexible).
- Total compensation of $6,000.
- You must have the permanent, legal right to work in the US. We are unable to offer work visa sponsorship at this time.
About You (You may not be all of these things yet, and that's okay!):
- You have some professional, post-collegiate experience in a design- or research-related field, or you’ve recently graduated from a UX training course.
- You’ll never tire of talking to real users and customers in order to effectively solve problems.
- You enjoy diving into project details and working with teammates to define a research plan.
- You’re familiar with qualitative research methods.
- You synthesize findings well and articulate insights in a compelling way.
- You're passionate about technology. You're eager to know about the latest trends, methods, and tools in the web and tech industries.
- You get things done. No matter what you're doing, you take pride in your work. You enjoy responsibility and you know that real effort pays off daily.
- You also take pride in listening, communicating, and collaborating exceptionally well.
What You’ll Learn:
- You’ll learn how to effectively communicate with teammates and clients, through the lens of being a consultant and problem solver at your core.
- You’ll collaborate with designers, developers, digital analysts, and project managers to define strategies and concepts to address those challenges. Often, you’ll be the one to identify these challenges, too.
- You'll help determine the research methodology best suited to the project and learn how to lead the execution of those methods.
- Best of all, you’ll work alongside multi-disciplinary teams to produce amazing digital products and platforms.
We’re committed to creating an inclusive workplace. We value the new perspectives and contributions of each person who joins Viget. In order to meet the diverse needs of our clients and make the digital world better for everyone, we seek to expand the diversity of our team. We designed the Viget Apprenticeship for career-changers and those early in their careers to accelerate their paths in their chosen field, and we encourage people from underrepresented groups to apply.
How to Apply:
When you’re ready to apply, you can find our application form here. Please note that if you're interested in more than one Apprenticeship role, you only need to submit one application. Select your first choice, and then let us know under “Additional Information” if you'd like to be considered for more than one role.
Before you get in touch, free to learn more about Emily and Erica on Viget's People Team. You can also get to know us better on Twitter, Flickr, Vimeo, Instagram, Facebook, Dribbble, and by exploring pointlesscorp.com
We maintain a drug-free workplace. We are unable to offer work visa sponsorship at this time.