Location: Raleigh or Charlotte, NC
Learn More: https://bbt.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/Careers/job/Charlotte-NC/Principal-UI-Designer_R0044538
We’re creating a bold new future at Truist. Join us.
Truist is on the verge of a big move—a move that aims to alter the course of banking and radically improve the lives of our clients. We are building all new digital experiences and are looking for innovative thinkers who want to make an impact. Our rapidly growing team of designers and researchers is looking for the best people to join our cause. If you’re passionate about your craft, driven to create change, and interested in joining a team doing transformative work, we’re excited to talk to you.
This position is an opportunity to get in at the inception of a new organization that will be born in the digital age with the dedication and resources necessary to develop transformative digital experiences that make a difference in the lives of our clients
As a member of the Experience Design team, you’ll tackle complex problems and transform them into world-class experiences and strategies for Truist's digital products. But you won’t do this alone. You’ll work with an exceptional product team of Visual Designers, Content Strategists, Product Managers and Developers daily, UX / UI colleagues to turn to for reviews and ideas, and User Researchers who will help you test ideas and learn about your customers. It’s a team goal, and we are looking for teammates who match our intensity and drive to be the best.
What you’ll do:
- First and foremost, in partnership with your UX colleagues you’ll develop a deep understanding of your users through tests of your prototype designs, in-market performance tests of existing designs, and user needs analyses.
- You will utilize that knowledge to create highly usable, engaging designs and experiences
- You will iterate those designs through testing with end users to ensure success once developed
- You’ll also follow how the industry is transforming, looking for UX / UI best practices that develop and identify critical trends that Truist needs to stay ahead of
- You’ll combine all this knowledge to help create a vision of the product’s evolution over the next few years, and work with your team to bring it to life
- You’ll lead and manage the creative vision, art direction, and design evolution strategies for Retail online banking
- You’ll design comps for assigned projects that deliver on visual and strategic direction
- You’ll be responsible for fostering communication and cohesion between internal UI teams and Brand functions for Retail online banking
- You’ll manage style guides for interactive projects and contribute to / influence our Design System
- You’ll effectively communicate design intent and rationale to designers, cross-functional partners, and stakeholders
What you bring:
- A Bachelor’s degree in User Experience, Interaction Design, Communication Design, Graphic Design, Web Design, or equivalent work experience
- 5 to 7 years of experience designing UX solutions for software, responsive web applications, and/or mobile native apps
- An impressive portfolio demonstrating a high level of visual sense and creative vision
- Strong attention to detail, and adherence to and/or evolution of brand style guides
- Proven ability to work with a variety of design tools such as Adobe XD, Axure, InVision, Sketch, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe After Effects, and other digital creative applications
- At minimum, intermediate knowledge of User-centered Design (UCD), Information Architecture (IA), Interaction Design, Usability Testing, creating journey maps, empathy maps, wireframes, and prototyping
- Basic to intermediate understanding of CSS/HTML, Design Systems, and Content Management Systems
- Past contributions to multiple shipped (in-production) digital products
- Strong oral, written, visual communication, and relationship building skills
- Experience working on agile projects
What makes you stand out:
- A drive to be the best, and work with the best
- A personal goal to make other people’s lives better through your designs
- A belief that helping people with their money can improve their lives
- Knowledge of front-end programming languages (Agular, etc.)
- Skills in interaction and animation design
- Illustration or sketching abilities
- Experience working in Financial Services
We operate in small, innovative teams following Agile development practices backed with the resources of a leading bank, with openings in Charlotte, Atlanta, and Raleigh, NC. We are in a market that differentiates primarily on user experience, and thus place great emphasis on building the best possible experience.
If you’re ready to jump into what could be the most exciting financial venture in decades, ready to disrupt the old models and have your say in ushering in a new era, then we’d love to hear from you.