Company: Brooks Bell
Location: Raleigh, NC or Remote
Learn More: https://www.brooksbell.com/about-us/careers/#op-469733-sr-ux-designer
We’re looking for a Senior UX Designer to join the Brooks Bell team! This role will be a team of one reporting to the UX Practice Lead, with potential to help hire and mentor junior designers as we grow.
The Senior UX Designer works as an integrated part of a cross-functional team to identify experience optimization opportunities for our clients through quantitative and qualitative data analysis, and quickly produce variations of designs based on that data to help our clients test, learn, and iterate rapidly.
The designer’s core functions include rapidly iterating on design ideas within a client’s current design and branding framework, performing UI design changes and creating prototypes in concert with development requirements, and presenting designs to internal and external stakeholders to elicit feedback for design refinement.
Our clients will have multiple tests running at the same time in various stages, so the ideal candidate will be effective under pressure, have excellent time management skills, and be able to handle multiple projects at once across a variety of clients.
Our ideal candidate is also highly organized, a strong and effective communicator, and is self-motivated, relying on self-discipline to set and meet daily and long-term deadlines. We need someone who exhibits professional maturity, thinks on their feet, and can balance producing high quality design artifacts while working scope-of-work and/or billable hour limitations.
- Modify client digital experiences, from low-resolution wireframes to development-ready prototypes.
- Turn design deliverables around quickly and accurately, across a number of client accounts.
- Work within client standards of design and development.
- Along with internal cross-expertise teams, identify opportunities for client experience optimization.
- Proactively communicate and collaborate with cross-functional teams, especially account coordinators and business analysts, to understand and execute on short and long term tasks.
- Proficiency in Figma, Sketch, InVision, and/or AdobeXD and willingness to learn new design software if needed
- Working knowledge of user-focused testing tools and methodologies
- Ability to think and react quickly in high-pressure situations (performing design adjustments on the fly during a client call, for instance)
- Excellent professional communication skills, including the ability to assess level of effort and provide estimated timelines proactively to internal teams.
- Growth mindset approach, and willingness to learn, try, and share new skills and expertise.
- 3-5 years of experience in UX/UI design, web and app design, and/or front end development, or comparable experience
- College degree, or equivalent experience, in this or another related field (ie Psychology, Human Factors, Design Thinking, or Communications)
- Demonstrated experience in designing/building for the web
- Demonstrated experience in solving usability problems
- Demonstrated experience using data and UX research to drive design decisions.
- Experience with UX research, A/B split testing, targeting and/or conversion optimization
- Experience/knowledge of print design/layout
- Working knowledge of HTML/CSS
- Strong visual design skills