Learn More: https://careers.allscripts.com/jobs-us/?gh_jid=4753116003
We are looking for a talented User Experience Designer early in their career to join our team. The primary purpose of this role is to provide design support and user research to internal Allscripts product and solution groups as part of the Allscripts User Experience team. In this role you will solve complex design challenges, help transform the health care industry, and create world-class solutions by applying creativity, design principles, and a passion for great experiences.
Responsibilities and essential functions include:
- Collaboration– Work closely with our product management and software engineering teams to ensure that high quality user experiences are integral to our products. Work with product teams and program management to translate high-level business goals into actionable requirements. Meet and collaborate with users and development partners to validate conceptual designs. Provide support with creative collaboration, project coordination, partner relations, and general team support.
- Communication– Communicate look-and-feel guidelines and templates which embody our UX philosophy and goals. Provide rationale behind design decisions, and disseminate information to both product and technical teams. Documenting and presenting designs to a variety of different audiences. Break down complex technical concepts into easy, understandable terms and effectively communicate appropriate to audience. Evangelize UX principles throughout the organization. Manage time and work autonomously.
- Principles–Assisting in creation and maintenance of interaction and style guides and pattern libraries. Ensure a unification of design across multiple platforms, including various desktop, mobile and web platforms. Develop and evolve a style guide that articulates a consistent design language consisting of look & feel, design patterns, etc.
- Creation– Design products that meet business, brand, and user goals that meet measurable usability goals through quantitative and qualitative measures. Rapidly and collaboratively devise design approaches that balance time and technical constraints with users’ needs for efficient interactions in their critical tasks. Translate spoken and written requirements into wireframes and pixel-perfect interface designs. Iteratively designing solutions that satisfy project goals, requirements, and design tenets based on research, design patterns, and UI standards.
Academic and Professional Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree (or commiserate experience) in visual design disciplines, Human- Computer Interaction, Informatics or other similar degree
- A minimum of at least 2 – 4 years demonstrated success in creating innovative user experiences
- A portfolio demonstrating superior design skills and deliverables from a user-centered design approach
- Strong experience with design tools such as Adobe Creative Cloud (Illustrator), Axure, Sketch, InVision, etc.
- Demonstrates behaviors indicative of Allscripts values
- Ability to travel up to 10% by various conveyances (e.g. plane, train, car)