Company: Research Square
Learn More: https://recruiting.paylocity.com/recruiting/jobs/Details/841887/Research-Square-LLC/Product-Design-Lead-Senior-UX-Designer
Are you interested in shaping a platform that helps scientists share research fast and effectively? Do you want to help build tools that cut the wait time for feedback and recognition? So that authors can focus on boosting the impact of their work. Building their career. Or enjoying life outside of work. Then come join us in creating a global community dedicated to helping society by accelerating the pace of research.
Research Square is on a mission to make research communication faster, fairer, and more useful. To help fulfill that mission, the User Experience Design (UXD) team is looking for a Senior UX Designer to join us. In this role you will design customer journeys between researchers and Research Square publishing-based services. We're looking for someone with excellent problem-solving abilities who can turn technology affordances into simple, intuitive experiences for everyday users.
The Lead Designer/Sr. UX Designer for our Digital Services will work with engineering and product management to create industry-leading products that deliver value for the people who use them, and for Research Square’s businesses. This role will work with a team of designers and user researchers and report to the Director of UX Design. You’ll help guide the processes for how the team works. Making sure everyone is supported and doing the best work of their lives. You’ll also work closely with the Director of Product for Digital Services to set the roadmap and priorities for the future.
Our product group is made up of multi-disciplinary teams of UX Designers, Researchers, Writers, Content Strategists, Product Managers, and Engineers. We care deeply about the people who use our products.
Our UX team plays an integral part in gathering insights about the attitudes, emotions, and behaviors of people who use our products to inspire and inform design solutions.
We are intentional about attracting, developing, and retaining talent from diverse backgrounds. We’re looking for a new teammate who is empathetic, curious, motivated, reliable, and able to work effectively with a diverse team of peers; someone who will help us amplify the positive & inclusive team culture we are building.
- Collaborate with product managers, engineers, and cross-functional stakeholders to understand requirements, and provide creative, thoughtful solutions for complex design and technical problems.
- Participate in refining, identifying, and defining design patterns, standards, methods, and/or processes with your team.
- Create solutions that demonstrate knowledge of the capabilities and constraints of the technology stack.
- Communicate the user experience at various stages of the design process by developing wireframes, flow diagrams, storyboards, mockups, and/or high fidelity prototypes.
- Align with partner teams to identify and aggregate disparate qualitative and quantitative data to inform design solutions at the product level.
- Foster consensus and trust with colleagues and find a way forward when confronted with discordant views.
- Contribute to the professional development of colleagues and help improve their design skills.
- Advocate for the prioritization of design centered changes, refinements, and improvements and present concepts, proposals, and updates to executive stakeholders.
- Bachelor's degree in Design or equivalent practical experience.
- 5 to 8 years of relevant industry experience designing across multiple platforms.
- 2 years experience as a Senior Designer/Researcher leading strategy and design across a team.
- Experience collaborating and communicating with senior stakeholders.
- Experience collaborating with UX design teams throughout the design process; creating user-flows and wireframes to build user-interface mockups and prototypes.
- Portfolio highlighting multiple projects and your direct contributions.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills with an ability to articulate design decisions to other designers, PMs, and senior executive management.
- Experience leading design projects in a collaborative multi-disciplinary team including designers, product managers, and engineers.
- Experience measuring the impact of your work against key business and customer experience goals.
- Experience with design coaching—you know how to make an impact through empowering, growing, and motivating other designers.
- Understanding of how to uncover user needs through research and user empathy.
- Experience designing for any of the following: consumer, e-commerce, or content creation apps
- A strong sense of design ethics—understanding that the design decisions we make at Research Square impact millions of researchers, every month.