Location: Raleigh, NC
Learn More: https://www.kaleido.io/open-positions/senior-product-designer
Kaleido, located in Raleigh NC, is a rapidly growing tech start-up. Kaleido makes blockchain and digital assets radically simple for organizations to adopt so that businesses and society can benefit from decentralized technologies.Our mission is to help enterprises reinvent how their ecosystems share data, collaborate, and transact. Kaleido has been driving blockchain in the enterprise since the technology’s very inception.
At Kaleido, you'll be working on the cutting edge of blockchain and web3 technologies. We are one of the fastest-growing, highest rated tech companies in the blockchain and digital assets space worldwide. Kaleido powers the top blockchain networks and solutions globally and has been featured in WRAL Startup Unicorns, Forbes, CNBC, and many other news outlets. Kaleido received its initial investment from one of the co-founders of Ethereum. Last year the Kaleido team open-sourced its learnings & code from more than a half decade in the blockchain space and is helping drive this major new open source community called Hyperledger FireFly.
Kaleido is growing rapidly and seeking a Senior Product Designer with a passion for enterprise blockchain software. You have an interest and/or SaaS based experience in cloud services, devops, and the developer experience - you are passionate about the needs of users in relation to these areas.
- Work with engineers, product managers, and researchers to identify user needs, define product strategy, and create roadmaps
- Develop storyboards, prototypes, and high-fidelity visual design to effectively communicate interaction and design ideas
- Actively give and solicit feedback from other designers in order to continually raise the bar for quality
- Mentor junior designers or interns, growing and iterating on our design culture by participating in design-team-wide initiatives such as recruiting, developing design principles, and improving design tools and process
- Evangelize design and product thinking methodology
- Fearlessly take on highly complex problem areas and publish what you learn
- Grow a design team as products mature
- Feel pride and ownership in the success of your product portfolio and in an exceptional user experience.
- You have 5+ years of experience working as a product designer on agile teams
- You have solved complex problems with elegant, shipped product—evidenced in an online portfolio featuring end-to-end product design
- You demonstrate product vision and use data and experimentation to provide product direction.
- While you may not have a branding or marketing background, you understand customer experience and the relationship between brand and product design
- You’re excellent at articulating design decisions, presenting to clients or stakeholders
- You’re effective at prototyping at varying levels of fidelity as a primary canvas for communicating ideas both internally and externally; you continuously collaborate with colleagues and external users to design products that customers love.
- Blockchain experience is a plus, but not required (we will train you!)
What We’re Looking For
- Strong sense of ownership and pride in the code you write
- Highly collaborative engineers who build good relationships with colleagues and communicate clearly.
- You will be part of a small team that is focused on getting things done. And being able to take initiative is the key to success.
- Comfortable with fluid requirements and ability to pivot easily.
- Passionate about products that users will love.
- You’re interested in or have experience with decentralized applications and blockchain
- You’re interested in or have experience designing cloud-based services for use by IT developers and administrators
- You have experience at both large organizations and start-ups
- You are able to facilitate design thinking workshops
- You have a toolset across visual and interaction design that allows you to work quickly at different levels of fidelity depending on the context, and to design experiences in ways that wouldn’t have been possible thinking of interaction and visual separately
- You enjoy some amount of ambiguity and freedom to experiment
- You’ve built or worked with design systems