Location: Raleigh, NC
Learn More: https://boards.greenhouse.io/pendo/jobs/6116378002
Pendo is a multi-app platform that gives users a better understanding of how their targeted applications are being used. Engage gives product teams a better understanding of their own product and how it’s being used, and Adopt gives organizations a better understanding of how their employees experience products that their organization uses, both ones they’ve built, and ones they’ve purchased. With both apps Pendo users are able to remove roadblocks, clarify, guide, and generally improve the experience leading toward better engagement and productivity.
The Director of Product Design manages our Product Design team as well as builds collaborative culture of design, and enables designers to achieve strong product outcomes by increasing user adoption and delight.
- Partner strategically with leadership, push for what is best for the user on Product Design
- Help define and evolve the vision of the Pendo products
- Communicate up and out towards Product Design Org
- Manage the East Coast team Designers
- Understand the team’s goals and how they relate to the business
- Create healthy feedback loops
- Communicate out the impact of the team
- Understand the needs of the Pendo Customers and user
- Understand how this fits within the Pendo family of products
- Advocate for the user and uphold the best design practices
- Work with teams on making the vision a reality
- 5+ years of experience managing a growing team, understands the challenges that ICs face and can help them through them
- Growth mindset, ability to learn quickly while delivering great product
- Ability to drive clarity from ambiguity
- Strong communication and analytical skills, and the ability to collaborate effectively across all levels within the organization
- Product design background working on enterprise SaaS
- Experience working with and building up Design Operations, Design Systems, and Design Project Management
- IC coaching experience
Pendo was founded in 2013 by former product managers, who combined their heads and hearts to build something they wanted but never had as product managers -- a simple way to understand and attack what truly drives product success. Our mission is to improve society's experience with software.
Come join one of the fastest-growing startups, supported by best-in-class institutions like Battery Ventures, Salesforce Ventures, Spark Capital and Meritech. You will gain experience in a diverse and exciting set of technologies and clients and have a real impact on Pendo's future. Our culture is passionate, dynamic, and fun.