Location: Telecommute - primary location Raleigh NC
Learn More: https://careers.unitedhealthgroup.com/job/16560113/clinical-ux-design-architect-telecommute-remote/
Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that is improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation is not about another gadget; it is about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There is no room for error. If you are looking for a better place to use your passion and your desire to drive change, this is the place to be. It's an opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Optum is looking for an experienced and inquisitive UX Architect Designer to help us make a meaningful impact on how doctors and patients make treatment decisions together. This is one of the most challenging and rewarding areas of product design and we therefore focus on large amounts of interaction with clinicians such as doctors, nurses, and many other roles. We are seeking someone who loves to understand user needs and workflows to create informed and targeted designs. This role partners closely with user researchers who typically have 1 or 2 user studies running any given month. This means a constant inflow of information to make designs effective and desirable.
This UX Architect will work closely with the product managers, clinical informaticists, user researchers, and our team of clinicians to understand healthcare, business and user needs. They will positively impact the overall flow and design while following a user-centered design process and while considering all technological platforms. The UX Architect will partner with user interface designers, other UX designers, web developers and UX managers to translate information architecture, navigation and process flows into easy-to-use and aesthetically beautiful solutions.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Partner with the creative team and developers to maintain a cohesive design and experience throughout our product, providing expertise and mentorship
- Collaborate with stakeholders including UX Leads, Product Managers and Development Managers to identify, prioritize and implement design solutions in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment
- Gather insights, prototyping concepts and validating solutions with users in order to inform design decisions
- Critique in-progress design work, evaluating the priority and effectivity of solutions
- Communicating the user experience at various stages of the design process by using wireframes, flow diagrams, sketches, storyboards, mockups, and/or high fidelity prototypes
- Leveraging and contributing to existing design pattern libraries and interface guidelines
- Work on one or more design projects from start to finish while meeting creative, technical and business requirements
- Iterate rapidly, with high quality, and with user centered focus
- Participate when and where necessary in the research process
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor’s degree in design, information architecture, or clinical informatics related field
- 7+ years of combined experience between user experience design /Information architecture and healthcare technology systems/clinical informatics. We will consider a range of years of experience between these areas
- Experience with enterprise software and the healthcare technology domain
- Experience with providing critical analysis of user experience designs based on heuristics and other accepted design principles
- Experience in creating wireframes, visual mockups graphics, user workflows, and low and high-fidelity prototypes
- Experience in group facilitation, user interviews, heuristic evaluations, task analysis, usability test design and moderation and card sorting
- Experience working with Agile methodology
- In-depth knowledge and efficient use of design tools like Sketch, Adobe or Figma
- Portfolio of past UX/IA projects including task flows, site maps, wireframes, etc.
- Ability/willingness to travel up to 10%.
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- Master’s degree or higher with a focus in information architecture, human computer interaction, graphic design, clinical informatics, biostatistics, interaction design, product design, cognitive psychology, or related discipline
- Professional experience working in a highly interactive development team
- Experience with conversational interaction design and its related technologies (natural language understanding, speech recognition, dialog generation, and speech synthesis)
- Knowledge of user interaction analytics and measurements
- Involvement in the UX community (e.g. meet-ups, clubs, conferences)
- Ability to create clean, visually consistent designs
- Comfortable with ambiguity in a fluid organization
- Excellent communication skills, including the ability to present complex concepts clearly and persuasively across diverse audiences at various levels of our organization
- Proven ability to manage multiple design requests in a timely fashion, with competing priorities and deadlines
- Ability to work with designers and developers to implement new ideas
- Ability to work autonomously and manage time effectively
- Ability to work collaboratively with team and internal clients
- Ability to receive and provide design critique
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously