Location: Morrisville, NC
The Senior UX Researcher uses UX methodologies to lead the design and execution of customer research to solve complex business problems. This role will help stakeholders identify research opportunities then prioritize and execute research studies, including careful analysis and insight discovery, as well as help to educate internal teams about the role and importance of UX research.
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING:
Planning and conducting effective user research strategies – such as one-on-one interviews, focus groups, surveys, etc. - in order to solve complex business problems.
Collaborating with cross-functional teams to understand the “why” of customer pain points and provide analyses that help the business prioritize what to solve first.
Planning and executing complex, multi-function research projects with minimal oversight.
Analyzing research results and reporting out clear, actionable insights that contribute to product strategy and improvement.
Producing low-fidelity strategic design documents, such as user flows and wireframes, to provide clarity and alignment.
Organizing complex product concepts by taxonomy and/or other guiding principles.
Conducting intelligent design analyses of existing products against a heuristic framework (or other criteria).
Evaluating and improving user-facing work by analysis of relevant qualitative and quantitative data.
- Facilitating design thinking workshops and other engaging activities
- Collaborating with the UX team members, partners, and stakeholders to continually improve UX processes and resources.
- Sharing research insights in creative ways to increase empathy in our stakeholders and impact outcomes for our customers.
- Championing UX Research across the organization: educating, influencing, and guiding stakeholders and partners
- Other duties as assigned.
YOU'VE GOT WHAT IT TAKES IF YOU HAVE:
- Bachelor’s degree or relevant equivalent experience
- Four or more years of UX design or UX research experience (or the equivalent).
- Capability with the Adobe Creative Suite, Figma, and Miro.
- Ability to closely collaborate with product managers, designers, engineers, and other stakeholders on complex strategic challenges and detailed product requirements.
- Confidence in understanding and the ability to advocate for UX best practices, with a special emphasis on accessibility and inclusion.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- Creative problem solver, driven by curiosity.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.