Location: Raleigh, NC
Learn more: https://bbt.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/Careers/job/Raleigh-NC/SR-UX-Designer_R0001959-1
Deliver business objectives through the creation of superior digital user experiences for BB&T clients, prospects and associates. Provide leadership for the usefulness and usability of solutions developed within assigned business segments and create a competitive advantage in user experience, a key evaluation criterion for our clients and critical to the success of digital products.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Following is a summary of the essential functions for this job. Other duties may be performed, both major and minor, which are not mentioned below. Specific activities may change from time to time.
- Lead cross-functional development teams regarding all aspects of designing digital user experiences.
- Create industry leading user experiences and interfaces that will be developed into prototypes and future products. Develop and direct user research on those experiences to track performance and prioritize future platform development plans.
- Measure value to the client by directing priorities and conducting research that identifies client needs, met and unmet by current digital products (utilizing user research techniques such as ethnographic research, contextual inquires, user interviews and participatory design). Track and utilize user feedback obtained by all BB&T channels, third-party research and monitor and develop action plans to influence product direction.
- Scientifically measure user experience key performance indicators to create superior user experiences, benchmark and track human performance and user opinions, and measure position in the marketplace (utilizing a wide variety of design research techniques including usability tests, structured surveys, performance benchmarking, longitudinal studies, field studies and focus groups).
- Create user interface (UI) frameworks, navigational maps, information architecture and user workflows in order to design and document website structure and screen-to-screen navigation.
- Create mockups and wireframes to illustrate page-level layouts of website design as part of an interactive and iterative development process.
- Generate simulations and high- and low-fidelity prototypes for user testing, market research and business stakeholder reviews.
- Generate user interface specifications and guidelines for website development in collaboration with cross-functional teams.
- Conduct heuristic evaluations of current designs, alternative designs and competitor designs.
- Investigate, evaluate and recommend new and emerging user interface design and usability techniques, technologies and methodology process improvements.
Required Skills and Competencies:
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Master’s degree in Human Factors, Human-Computer Interaction (HCI), User Experience, Usability Engineering or related field, or equivalent education and related training
- Five years of experience in a user experience designer-related role, creating UI frameworks, information architecture, user workflows, low and high fidelity interface prototypes, user interface specifications and guidelines
- Extensive knowledge about human abilities, human limitations and other human characteristics that are relevant to design and the ability to apply that knowledge to the design of digital interfaces, systems, tasks and jobs for effective and efficient human use maximizing the strengths of humans and the strengths of computing systems and minimize their weaknesses
- Knowledge of research techniques and the understanding of when to use what technique to ensure validity of data collected when conducting research with human participants
- Knowledge of experimental design obtained through post-graduate education to ensure bias is not introduced in the conducting of user research
- Demonstrated experience in creating user experience designs that create a competitive advantage and experience in scientifically measuring the effectiveness of those designs with end users
- Demonstrated experience in influencing product direction through a deep understanding of user needs and usability obtained by directing user research priorities and developing user research plans
- Skills in collecting, analyzing, and interpreting quantitative and qualitative data
- Strong collaboration, teamwork, communication, and presentation skills
- Solid skills in the use of one or more wireframing or prototyping tools
- Demonstrated proficiency in basic computer applications, such as Microsoft Office software products
- Ability to travel, occasionally overnight
- Ph.D. degree in Human Factors, HCI, User Experience, Usability Engineering or related field
- Financial industry experience
- Skills in statistical analysis, parametric and nonparametric, and use of statistical analysis software, such as SPSS or SAS
We offer great benefits, 6% 401k match, pension, and relocation assistance. If you are interested in finding out more, please reach out to Tonita Terry at TTerry@BBandT.com. We look forward to hearing from you!