Company: Oracle + Bronto
Location: Durham, NC
Learn more: https://oracle.taleo.net/careersection/2/jobdetail.ftl?job=17001203
No Visa Sponsorship is available for this position.
An Oracle + Bronto user assistance developer is responsible for designing, developing, and maintaining help, interactive learning, and training materials for the Bronto platform and applications. In this highly-collaborative role, you will work with Product Management, engineering, customer support teams, and other user assistance team members to design our next generation of user assistance technology and to develop embedded help delivery mechanisms that improve how technical user assistance content is delivered to our customers.
In this opportunity you will:
- Write and maintain platform and API documentation in online knowledge bases
- Create instructional videos
- Collaborate with Front End Development and UX Design on microcopy in the platform and apps
- Create interactive page tours and guided walkthroughs
- Develop online learning courses
- Design and provide internal training
- Update and maintain embedded help
- Collaborate with QA and Product Management on reviews and testing plans for user assistance materials
- Participate in internal tasks forces related to user assistance and other technical matters
- Be dedicated to customer success
Job duties are varied and complex, frequently requiring independent judgment. This work will require following user assistance development processes, templates, and standards using various tools and systems. Because this is a collaborative role where you will manage many types of deliverables, we’re looking for a jack of all trades (and a master of some) who enjoys working closely with others, wants to spend his or her day tackling a variety of responsibilities, finds a weekly release schedule an exiting challenge, and is focused on innovative ways to help drive customer success.
The right candidate will demonstrate:
- Excellent writing skills
- Experience writing API documentation
- Ability to explain complex technical content in a clear, straightforward manner
- Experience with DITA XML, XSLT, HTML/CSS
- Experience using Git and the Atlassian suite of tools (JIRA, Confluence, etc.)
- Understanding of adult learning theory, particularly as it relates to creating educational and training materials.
- Experience designing short instructional videos
- A strong spirit of cooperation
- Minimum of 5+ years of user assistance development, technical writing, instructional design, or relevant experience, is preferred.
Detailed Description and Job Requirements
Responsible for designing, developing, and maintaining user assistance and training documentation for Oracle applications. Collaborate with multiple internal stakeholders to design our next generation of user assistance technology and implementing new embedded help delivery mechanisms that improve how technical information is delivered to our customers. Work with development teams to implement code for new user assistance mechanisms.
Create a variety of user assistance for your assigned product, which may include training courses, certification exams, documentation, tutorials, videos, embedded help in UI, sample code, eBooks, infographics following user assistance development processes, templates, and standards using various tools and systems. Perform job task analyses and create user assistance design documents to identify common user tasks to be addressed through user assistance. Collaborate with internal stakeholders to develop user assistance vision documents which will include the product use cases, common tasks, and user personas. Develop hands-on training course labs on a virtualization platform. Create lab modules that include scripts and other files needed for successful completion of the labs. Participate in the validation testing of these labs to ensure delivery of a repeatable and predictable hands-on lab environment. Teach course pilots and deliver train-the-trainer events to prepare instructors to teach the course.
Follow a prescribed learning plan to gain a thorough understanding of the product's technical details and functionality. Job duties are standard with some variation. Completes own role largely independently within defined policies and procedures. Demonstrate functional knowledge of Windows and Linux or UNIX. Demonstrate understanding of four of the following technologies: XML, XHTML, XSL, DITA, CSS, DOM, RDBMS, CGI, PHP, REST, Java servlets, or XML schemas for user assistance types, and information and learning architecture. Possess a degree, certificate, or relevant industry experience. Suggested majors include English, technical writing, communications, instructional design, software engineering, or computer science. Minimum of 2+ years of user assistance development or relevant experience.
Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.