Location: Durham, NC
Learn more: Contact Eric Mahlstedt at email@example.com and visit https://www.ibm.com/design/
Enterprise software doesn't have to be boring. And designing enterprise software doesn't have to be boring either. The IBM Hybrid Cloud Design Organization needs a researcher who deeply cares about creating an experience-first culture today. We don't wait until we have to change. You will join this journey and work alongside many other designers and IBMers to tell the narrative of our company. You understand that the creation and destruction of paper and pixels always centers on one thing - humans. Our purpose is to be essential. Essential to our users. Essential to our colleagues. It's going to be hard but that's why you are here right?
Join the first group of dedicated user researchers at IBM! We work within product teams and across entire portfolios to make IBM products better for our users. Our work includes activities like usability tests, interviews, diary studies, customer site visits, design jams, surveys, and data analysis to uncover latent user needs and expectations.
The best thing about working in Hybrid Cloud Design is the people we work with. In joining our User Research team, you'll be in the company of craft-beer brewers, aviation lovers, and Left Shark fans. We've got yoga teachers, turtles, and terrariums.
Our group is made up of those with years of deep research expertise and brilliant university hires using new tools and methodologies. We share our methods and tooling across IBM, and continually teach each other new and best practices.
On day one, you have:
- Demonstrated success turning generative and evaluative research insights into design recommendations that align with core business goals.
- Experience conducting research throughout the entire product development lifecycle.
- The ability to draw a dendrogram on an etch-a-sketch with your eyes closed.
And in year one, you will:
- Connect with our customers and target users and feed your offering team with a healthy dose of latent user needs.
- Help IBM make decisions that result in better user experiences that support business goals.
- Decorate a toy turtle that we will give to you.
Thanks for looking!