Location: Raleigh, NC
Learn more: https://jobs.citrix.com/job/CITRA005810543/Product-Design-User-Researcher
We believe work is not a place, but rather a thing you do. Our technology revolves around this core philosophy. We are relentlessly committed to helping people work and play from anywhere, on any device. Innovation, creativity and a passion for ever-improving performance drive our company and our people forward. We empower the original mobile device: YOU!
The Product Design team is looking for a passionate, hardworking, and collaborative Product Design User Researcher for our Raleigh, NC office. This role will support multiple products at Citrix. You will have the opportunity to influence the design and direction of the products to meet customers’ needs.
• Work closely with the design team to conduct qualitative and quantitative studies that help iterate and validate design concepts.
• Work closely with senior researchers to choose methods that helps us answer our research questions and meet our business goals.
• Conduct usability tests with customers both remotely and in-person, and apply other methods such as card sorting, tree testing, and competitive analysis, as needed.
• Work directly with customers to make sure that our new product ideas will be useful and usable.
• Present your findings to stakeholders to ensure that the research is understood and able to be implemented in our products.
• Minimum 4+ years of applied user research or relevant industry experience in product design with a strong foundation in HCI methodologies and is willing to learn on how to expand their foundational skills to become a well-rounded UX researcher.
• Minimum of master’s degree in a relevant field such as Human Computer Interaction (HCI); Cognitive Psychology; Applied Cognition; Human Centered Design; Applied Anthropology with applied or relevant industry experience.
• Has solid portfolio or samples showcasing work, ideally ranging from exploratory research, conceptual development, to usability studies which demonstrate ability to conduct research, synthesize data, and present findings.
• Willing to travel to conferences or customer sites to conduct research.
• Demonstrates a passion for learning about Citrix products, domains, and users, and has a drive to understand users’ core needs along with an analytical mindset for processing the data gathered.
• Demonstrates ability to be self-directed and lead research studies with little to no supervision to build a deeper understanding of users.
• Can synthesize findings into meaningful themes, write actionable and impactful reports, and expertly share these results with a variety of audiences.
• Demonstrates the ability to be resourceful, creative, collaborative, and empathetic for project planning; while maintaining a positive attitude and knowing when to reach out for help from your team.
If you have questions about the job or the design team before applying, you can reach out to Michelle Chin (michelle.chin) or Andrew Wirtanen (andrew) on the Triangle Designers instance of Slack (http://www.triangledesigners.com).