Location: Durham, NC
Learn more: https://jobs.iqvia.com/en-US/job/solution-design-studio-intern-2-1805451/J3Q34Y672Z105XY5LNL
The Solution Design Studio Design Intern will gain professional work exposure by collaborating with designers and other stakeholders across a diverse set of teams to apply visual communication skills in real-world situations. Projects will be fast-paced and cover a variety of design responsibilities including the visualization of complex concepts and ideas for presentations, interface design for software applications, and the application of brand style guidelines. In addition to these areas of focus the intern will also gain exposure to emerging technologies and their potential impact on healthcare and life sciences through projects the studio is engaged in. This job is for a fixed duration not to exceed 12 months, with no guarantee to subsequent employment with the company.
- Shadows and learns functions and/or projects under the close supervision of a designer in the studio.
- Creates visualizations that successfully communicate complex ideas about healthcare, life sciences, and technology.
- Embraces an agile and iterative approach to projects, ranging from presentations to interfaces.
- Enhances professional and industry knowledge by building upon current academic experience. This position offers a professional work environment experience in an open studio setting, two-way communication tactics, and exposure to the QuintilesIMS organizational structure.
- Engages with the team and asks questions to help identify their own personal interests and ambitions related to the job.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Appropriate verbal and written communication skills to function within a professional work environment.
- Proficiency in using design thinking methods to accomplish project goals.
- Evidence of strong visual communication skills through work samples.
- Working knowledge of Adobe Creative Cloud (primarily Photoshop and Illustrator) and MS Office.