Location: Downtown Durham
Learn more: https://oracle.taleo.net/careersection/2/jobdetail.ftl?job=18000SK6&tz=GMT-04:00&lang=en
No Visa Sponsorship is available for this position.
At Oracle + Bronto, we are a small team of passionate and upbeat UX designers focused on transforming the platform into a best-in-class experience. We are looking for a leader that can help us shape that future.
As Manager of Experience Design, you will lead the UI/UX, IA, visual, and research aspects of the experience strategy. You possess a clear vision for the future of user experience design and the ability to communicate that vision. You are a great design team manager who can provide leadership and direction to a group of talented designers. You have a sense for clean, intuitive design and continuously advocate for the user.
The User Experience Design team works in close coordination with product management and engineers to produce wireframes, sketches and high-fidelity mockups. You will be a champion for UX design at Bronto as you collaborate and partner with other stakeholders in the organization.
The ideal candidate will be able to balance design best practices, the latest UX strategies (such as lean UX) and business goals. You will translate business strategies into design opportunities and be responsible for delivering solutions based on insights from user interviews, analytics, and testing.
- Inspire and foster creativity and growth
- Create and implement UX design for multiple channels that balances consistency across all our platforms, utilizing user interface designs, interaction models, prototypes, information architecture, task flow, visual language, etc.
- Lead, mentor, and develop a team of interaction, visual, and UX research designers, overseeing initiatives and ensuring all projects are executed on time and at the highest level of quality
- Conduct and build in-house capabilities to test and validate design concepts with end users
- Support and help build out the organization’s capabilities to conduct user research and gather analytics
- Develop and maintain detailed user-interface specifications, guidelines, and pattern libraries
- Create process flows, wireframes, and visual design mockups to effectively communicate detailed interaction behaviors
- Work closely with product management, tech-comm, and engineering
- Understand the latest strategies, processes, and tools and stay abreast to what’s next in the rapidly changing UX climate
- Analyze user interface problems and lead your team in creating on-brand design solutions
- Regularly present the team’s work to senior managers and executives for review and feedback
- 10 years of design experience
- 3+ years managing small-to-medium design teams
- Digital portfolio demonstrating breadth and depth in UX/visual design, conceptual thinking, and creative problem solving across platforms
- Proficiency with designer tools such as Sketch, Invision, Photoshop, Illustrator, etc.
- Experience collaborating with engineers, designers, and product managers throughout the implementation cycle in a SAAS environment.
- Fluency in best practices for interaction design and user-centered design process, as well as strong knowledge of user experience principles and techniques
- Strong eye for layout, color, iconography and typography
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to effectively communicate to leadership via sketches, storyboards, wireframes, and prototypes to present design concepts clearly and persuasively to varying audience
- Passion for delighting customers with a beautiful and usable experience
Detailed Description and Job Requirements
Manage a team that designs, develops, troubleshoots and debugs software programs for databases, applications, tools, networks etc.
As a manager of the software engineering division, you will apply your knowledge of software architecture to manage software development tasks associated with developing, debugging or designing software applications, operating systems and databases according to provided design specifications. Build enhancements within an existing software architecture and suggest improvements to the architecture.
Manages and controls activities in multi-functional areas of sections. Ensures appropriate operational planning is effectively executed to meet Corporate specifications. Demonstrated leadership and people management skills. Strong communication skills, analytical skills, thorough understanding of product development. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 4 years of software engineering or related experience.
Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Job: Product Development
Location: US-NC,North Car-Durham
Job Type: Regular Employee Hire