Company: Oracle + Bronto
Location: Durham, NC
Learn More: https://oracle.taleo.net/careersection/2/jobdetail.ftl?job=18000V7C&tz=GMT-04%3A00
At Oracle + Bronto, we are a small team of passionate and upbeat UX designers focused on transforming the platform into a best-in-class experience. We are looking for a passionate Senior UX Designer to join our team and help us shape that future.
As a UX Designer, you will be involved in every part of the design process: defining the problem, ideation, interaction design, and visual design. You possess the ability to clearly communicate your vision, you have a sense for clean, intuitive design, and you continuously advocate for the Bronto user.
The user experience design team works in close coordination with product management and engineers to produce wireframes, sketches and high-fidelity mockups. You will be a champion for UX design at Bronto as you collaborate with other stakeholders in the organization.
The ideal candidate will be able to balance design best practices, the latest UX strategies (such as lean UX) and business goals. You will translate business strategies into design opportunities and be responsible for delivering solutions based on insights from user interviews, analytics, and testing.
Responsibilities include but may not be limited to:
Create design artifacts that are user-focused, backed by research, and consider business and technical requirements.
Collaborate with UX team members on defining and maintaining design standards and a shared vision for consistency across the platform.
Work closely with Product Management and Engineering to better understand business and customer goals, as well as technical requirements.
Participate in developing design culture through critique, presentations, and workshops.
- 3+ years of UX experience.
- Digital portfolio demonstrating breadth and depth in UX/visual design, conceptual thinking, and creative problem solving across platforms.
- Proficiency with designer tools such as Sketch, Invision, Photoshop, Illustrator, etc.
- Experience collaborating with engineers, designers, and product managers throughout the implementation cycle in a SAAS environment.
- Fluency in best practices for interaction design and user-centered design process, as well as strong knowledge of user experience principles and techniques.
- Strong eye for layout, color, iconography and typography.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to effectively communicate to leadership via sketches, storyboards, wireframes, and prototypes to present design concepts clearly and persuasively to varying audience.
Travel Component: Minimal (0% – 20%)
- Attention to detail with the ability to manage multiple projects.
- Passion for delighting customers with a beautiful and usable experience
- Understanding of HTML/CSS a plus.
- Knowledge of creating and maintaining user-interface specifications, guidelines, and pattern libraries.
- Able to create process flows, wireframes, and visual design mockups to effectively communicate detailed interaction behaviors.
- Ability to work out of our Durham, NC office.
- PLEASE NOTE: Please include link to examples of your work when applying.
- Position Location: Durham, NC 27701
Detailed Description and Job Requirements
Responsible for creating, evaluating and modifying prototypes to support evolving hardware and software application development.
As a member of the User Experience team, you will develop and apply software design/usability processes in the investigation of technical problems. May develop user profiles, with emphasis on human error control, display issues, visual interaction, physical manipulation and task and objective analyses. Provide product usability, evaluation and support to product development teams, including the analysis and investigation of applications/systems including tactile methods, visual graphics, web, multimedia, voice response and conversational user interaction. May assist in developing design concept and implementation, providing input on user design considerations. May produce specifications describing user needs and internal structures for product in development.
Duties and tasks are standard with some variation; displays understanding of roles, processes and procedures. Performs moderately complex problem solving with assistance and guidance in understanding and applying company policies and processes. BS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. Typically one year of software engineering or related experience needed.
Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.