Location: Raleigh, NC
Learn More: https://new.consensys.net/careers/?gh_jid=1185032
Kaleido (a ConsenSys company) is the Blockchain Business Cloud, the first SaaS platform built for Enterprise Blockchain. Kaleido’s mission is to make blockchain radically simple for organizations to adopt so that our societies will fully benefit from decentralized models and technologies. We are a fun, passionate and growing team based in an urban startup hub in Raleigh, NC. If you are someone that thrives in a fast-paced environment where being self-directed, determined, and resilient are a requirement, we would love for you to join us. Find out more at https://kaleido.io
ConsenSys is a venture production studio focused on building and scaling tools and enterprise blockchain software products powered by Ethereum.
The excitement surrounding the possibilities of blockchain technology are at an all time high—and rightly so. The design team must balance passion for the technology while knowing when and how to focus the conversation on our users.
The Kaleido team is currently seeking a Lead Product Designer with a passion for enterprise blockchain software. You have an interest and/or SaaS based experience in cloud services, devops, and the developer experience—you are passionate about the needs of users in relation to these areas.
You will work with a team building products to empower businesses to reimagine their business relationships on decentralized systems and accelerate business evolution through radical simplification of cutting edge technologies delivered securely and reliably.
As a Sr/Lead Product Designer Lead, you will take products from ideation and rough prototypes to high fidelity designs, relentlessly validating and pushing for accessible, delightful design solutions.
As a Lead Product Designer, you will:
What we ask for:
- Lead a collaborative design process from conception to launch: partner with small, global teams of engineers, product managers, and researchers to identify user needs, define product strategy, and create roadmaps
- Develop storyboards, prototypes, and high-fidelity visual design to effectively communicate interaction and design ideas
- Actively give and solicit feedback from other designers in order to continually raise the bar for quality
- Mentor junior designers or interns, growing and iterating on our design culture by participating in design-team-wide initiatives such as recruiting, developing design principles, and improving design tools and process
- Evangelize design and product thinking methodology
- Fearlessly take on highly complex problem areas and publish what you learn
- Grow a design team as products mature
Even better if:
- You have 5+ years of experience working as a product designer on agile teams
- You have solved complex problems with elegant, shipped product—evidenced in an online portfolio featuring end-to-end product design
- You demonstrate product vision and use data and experimentation to provide product direction.
- While you may not have a branding or marketing background, you understand customer experience and the relationship between brand and product design
- You’re excellent at articulating design decisions, presenting to clients or stakeholders
- You’re effective at prototyping at varying levels of fidelity
- You demonstrate solid leadership skills and an ability to develop strong face to face partnerships with product managers and engineers
- You’re interested in or have experience with decentralized applications and blockchain
- You’re interested in or have experience designing cloud-based services for use by IT developers and administrators
- You have experience at both large organizations and start-ups
- You are able to facilitate design thinking workshops
- You enjoy some amount of ambiguity and freedom to experiment
- You’ve built or worked with design systems
- You have front-end development experience