Location: Morrisville, NC
Learn more: https://careers.peopleclick.com/careerscp/client_lenovo/external/gateway.do?functionName=viewFromLink&jobPostId=116699&localeCode=en-us
Lenovo’s US Headquarters is seeking an experienced UX Researcher to help grow the Next UX and UX Research team within our Intelligent Device Group (IDG). This role is for a strong individual contributor who will lead UX research projects and collaborate with other UX researchers & designers in a range of new, innovative areas.
Lenovo is an international company with US headquarters in the Raleigh-Durham area. Historically, a PC company, Lenovo is strategically transforming toward a diversified technology company with customer centricity at its core. The Intelligent Device Group includes offerings for PCs, PC-related accessories, smart home products, smart office solutions, smart phone (Motorola), AR/VR and Lenovo-unique software. By summer of 2019, Lenovo’s IDG and Data Center Group (DCG) will have US headquarters at an updated campus on Development Drive in Morrisville, NC.
A newly combined Next UX and UX Research team is growing as a strategic asset for Lenovo IDG. By exploring intersections between design, technology and user value, the team hunts new UX solutions for IDG that Lenovo could deliver over the next 2-3 years. We are adding 3 UX research positions to enrich our discovery & validation efforts. We seek someone who is passionate about applying research rigor to untap insight and in turn collaborate with UX designers to map new user scenarios, design hardware & software, evaluate new technology and help vet ideas. We want open-minded and creative teammates who love uncovering the best problems to solve and crafting better experiences.
A few topics we really like right now...
1) technology that might improve Employee Experience
2) gaps & unmet needs in end-users' "digital wardrobes" and
3) tech that creates stronger connection between colleagues, friends & family.
Requirements for the role:
• Degree in Cognitive Psychology, Human Factors, HCI, Design Research or a related field.
• 5+ years of experience conducting user research around use of technology.
Preferred experience & interests:
• Skill in crafting the right research objectives mapped to most effective methodologies.
• Ability to succinctly present data, insight & research principals to a range of audiences.
• Comfort working with qualitative and quantitative data.
• Professional moderating / facilitating skills.
• Experience working with external research vendors.
• Enjoy framing the front-end of complex problem areas and simplifying to a solution.
• Have an appetite for technology. Be an avid digital consumer and experience evaluator.
• Self-motivator with clear opinions about your work who also seeks team energy.