Company: User Voice
Learn More: https://www.uservoice.com/jobs/ or contact Jason Mueller at Jason@uservoice.com
Our mission is to empower every business with actionable, customer-centric communication.
The expectations of the modern consumer are increasing. When we consider a product or service: reliability, usability, and functionality are table stakes. Consumers expect products and services to adapt and evolve with their needs. Modern product organizations are therefore responsible for articulating and validating these needs ahead of time.
The UserVoice Platform engages your customers early in the discovery process via seamless feedback loops. We help identify which customers are most interested in, and suited for, validating potential shifts in your product strategy. We then measure the impact of a possible need across your entire customer base.
As needs evolve, UserVoice empowers your team to stay on top of, and effectively answer the “why” well ahead of feature implementation. We believe in engaging in structured customer dialog to validate your direction earlier in the process.
We’re looking for new talent to bring UserVoice to the next level. We’re actively exploring ways of automatically discerning what your existing customers desire, and how to more effectively close product gaps on what prospective customers want.
UserVoice is looking for an seasoned product designer to join our team in downtown Raleigh, NC. As a product designer at UserVoice, you will work closely with product managers, other designers, and engineers to deliver solutions for our B2B customers and consumers of their products.
A successful candidate is a proactive communicator and collaborator with cross-functional teams, executes in a fast-paced environment, embraces constraints (while helping us challenge assumptions), and is able to design elegant solutions to a wide variety of problems for a global audience across platforms.
* Produce designs for new products and features.
* Contribute to and help maintain our evolving design system and methodology with new
ideas, best practices, and other learnings from various user experience groups and resources.
* Map user flows and demonstrate interaction details.
* Work directly with product and engineering teams to inform and vet concepts, as well as create and implement designs that meet our usability standards.
* Quickly iterate designs based on user feedback, engineering constraints, and metrics.
* Develop and maintain mockups, usage scenarios, prototypes, specifications, navigation maps, and other design documents.
* Excellent communication skills
* Lo-fi & hi-fi prototyping skills
* Have contributed as a leader in design and a strong collaborator with product managers and engineers
* Experience with various methods for validating and testing designs with actual users
* Several years of experience designing end-to-end products that have shipped
* Design experience across multiple platforms (Web, Android, iOS, emails)
* Works well with others
* Comfortable and able to jump in, contribute to, extend, and respectfully challenge existing design patterns
* Proactive communicator
* Enjoys explaining the reasons behind their design decisions, and is open and able to incorporate feedback into their work
* Can see connections across projects and recognize when to bring together different teams
* Iterative and flexible
* Can create quick, throwaway wireframes/mockups to test and convey ideas
* Fall in love with the problem, strong opinions held loosely
* Will roll their sleeves up
* Pays attention to detail (at appropriate times), and is able to plan for multiple states and edge cases for how people will interact with their designs.
* Always seeks clarity
What We Offer:
* Fun, creative and collaborative work environment
* Competitive pay and equity/stock options
* Health, Dental & Vision Insurance Coverage
* Life Insurance, Short-Term Disability, Long-Term Disability
* Employee Assistance Program
* Flexible Spending Account & Health Savings Account
* Commuter benefits
* PTO benefits
* Regular company outings and events
* Dog friendly office