Learn More: Contact Cornell Watson at email@example.com
The LexisNexis Group delivers comprehensive and authoritative legal, business, government and tax information worldwide as an industry leader. It unites proprietary brands, advanced web technologies, and premium information sources for customers in the legal, corporate, government and academic markets in 100 countries on six continents. We develop powerful tools for lawyers across desktop, laptop and mobile devices. We aspire to deliver best-in-class solutions which help our customers in the legal industry win business and win cases.
At LexisNexis, Visual Designers weave iconography, typography, color, and space together to create accessible, high-fidelity designs that define the design language for our products and features. Visual designers leverage user-centered design principles to establish visual hierarchies that ensure our products are easy to read and navigate, while creating an enjoyable experience for our users. You will be working with project managers, product managers, developers, UX colleagues, and users to transform ideas into innovative, industry leading products. You will work through all steps in the visual design process from conceptualization, detailed design, design specification, through implementation and quality assurance.
• Create innovative interface designs in response to creative direction, user needs, product innovation, technology, and business needs.
• Create high-fidelity interface designs, vector iconography, motion designs, branding materials, and design specifications.
• Present design concepts to a variety of audiences, while communicating the logic, user data, and design-thinking used to arrive at the final concept.
• Ensure deliverables are compliant with WCAG accessibility standards.
• Validate implementation quality through product integrity checks
• Lead internal design reviews with peers.
• Participate in product usability tests.
• Work effectively with cross-functional team members on large-scale design efforts
• Provide feedback to other designers while evangelizing usability, simplicity and high-quality design.
• Stay current on trends and best practices in visual design field.
• Bachelor’s or equivalent degree in design, fine arts, or related subject
• 2-3 years visual design experience
• Mastery of typography, color and composition to support brand and product requirements
• Experience working on web/interface design
• Innovative, creative problem solver with an eye for detail and accuracy.
• Experience with agile development methodologies
• Self-starter that is able to work both independently as well as collaboratively with cross-functional teams.
• Excellent communication skills (oral, written, and listening).
• Excellent organization skills with proven ability to manage multiple concurrent projects and to adjust to frequent changes in project priorities.
• Knowledge of international and accessibility design considerations.
• Awareness of trends and best practices in the visual design field
• Experience using Adobe Creative Suite tools including: Photoshop, Illustrator, and After Effects.
• Working knowledge of HTML and CSS.