Company: Switch Four, LLC
Switch Four LLC, a subsidiary of Glen Raven Inc., is a software development company that focuses on mobile and web-based enterprise software. We have an opportunity for a UI/UX Designer.
Glen Raven is a global marketing-oriented company with headquarters located in North Carolina. Glen Raven has a passion for creativity, collaboration, and innovation. Through our 136 years in business, we have continued to grow through the creation of new products and the cultivation of new ideas. We are growing and need bright minds to be a part of blazing the trail for another 136 years.
We are a small development team located in a beautifully restored downtown Durham, NC building. We offer onsite parking, in-office amenities, and access to the best-in-class software and hardware tools you need to be successful. If you are passionate about creating software and products that have a purpose, we want you on our team.
This full-time position will report to the Product Manager and will involve responsibilities as a UI/UX Designer. This role will be responsible for designing user interfaces for mobile and web applications and will involve collaboration with the Product Manager and Developers to produce consistent and intuitive designs.
- Must have experience designing user experiences for high density information and form based applications.
- Design user interfaces for Android, iOS, and responsive web.
- Implement designs using Apple’s Human Interface Guidelines, Google’s Material Design, and Angular Material.
- Deliver assets to all three platforms using tools such as Zeplin.
- Work with developers to create designs that are implementable on each platform.
- Create experiences based on user personas.
- Deliver prototypes using tools like InVision.
- Must perform usability testing, analyze results, and process feedback.
- Understanding of CSS.
Education in related field or training is required.
At least 3 years experience as an UI/UX designer.
- Experience utilizing analytic tools to validate design choices.
- Good understanding of typography and font pairing.
- Experience with tools such as Sketch, Zeplin, and InVision.
- Knowledge of how to create consistent iconography.
- Understanding of full product life cycles.
- Usability and accessibility design principles.
- Familiarity of modern design practices.
- Experience working with issue tracking systems.
- Strong teamwork and communication skills.
Office environment, minimum travel
Full-time in house, non-contract.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.