Company: Participate, Inc.
Location: Chapel Hill, NC
As a UI Designer/Developer, reporting to the Product Manager, you’ll help us empower educators to ignite change and inspire students through collaborative professional learning. In this multifaceted role, you’ll use a wide range of skills including Design Thinking methodologies, user interface design, HTML and CSS to create engaging experiences educators.
You’ll work with developers, marketing, sales and online learning staff to reinforce the creative vision for the company’s brand and product experience. You must be able to work effectively in a demanding, collaborative, fast-paced and deadline-driven environment.
What you’ll do
- Work collaboratively with a cross-functional team of business stakeholders, developers, researchers and subject-matter experts to translate customer and prospect feedback into product enhancements
- Create user interface sketches, wireframes, visual mockups, and prototypes for a wide-range of devices and screens
- Provide thought leadership with regard to new technologies and applications to grow the our arsenal of available tools to continually improve customer experience
- Observe and participate in user research
- Track key design milestones and work with Project Manager to prioritize
- Key Knowledge, Skill, Ability and Education Requirements
- Graduate of a Human Factors, Human Computer Interaction, Service Design, or User Experience Design focused program at a university or technical bootcamp or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 2 or more years of relevant work experience
- Ability to effectively communicate, plan and collaborate with a wide variety of internal stakeholders and external vendors
- Strong portfolio showcasing your skills in user experience and user interface design
- Deep understanding of Design Thinking methodologies and processes such as Design Sprints or Lean UX
- Experience with interface prototyping tools such as Sketch, Invision, Marvel, Axure, Origami, or Principle
- Familiarity with user interface guidelines for mobile platforms including IOS and Android
- Expertise in authoring HTML and CSS