Company: Fidelity InvestmentsLead User Experience Research efforts across a domain to help product teams identify the right problems, find and validate the right solutions, and design high quality experiences. Lead a small pod of researchers and conduct strategic research.
Location: Durham, NC and Boston, MA
Learn more: to learn more about this position please contact Mary Foley directly at Mary.Foley2@fmr.com
Fidelity is committed to providing differentiated value to our clients with a personalized, proactive, intuitive and easy experience that deeply meets their planning, investing, and service needs. Core to meeting our strategic intent is understanding human behavior and perception captured through rigorous research and packaged as insights that Fidelity teams rely upon to make informed decisions about the right problems to solve, the right solutions to build, and the best execution of those solutions.
The User Experience Research team is part of Fidelity’s Customer Knowledge and Strategic Insights domain – a 400-person organization consisting of analytics, research, and artificial intelligence experts.
The User Experience Research Director is a player-coach: leading a small team of researchers, partnering closely with multi-disciplinary product teams to prioritize learning agendas, and conducting research that helps Fidelity bring new and improved experiences to our current and prospective customers.
The Expertise You Have
- Bachelors and/or Masters in Design, Human Factors, Psychology, or related field
- +8 years conducting and leading UX Research in an enterprise setting, minimum 2 years people management
- Experience delivering UX research in an agile work environment
The Skills You Bring
- You are resourceful and work consultatively with partners to determine if and which research methods are most appropriate for the problem at hand
- You are a great coach and mentor – managing a small team to generate big impact and develop their careers
- You are a hybrid researcher with depth in both qualitative and quantitative methods
- You are strategic and can analyze and synthesize research insights to develop and articulate advanced perspectives that inspire product teams to create better solutions
- You like to challenge traditional assumptions about UX Design and Research – seeking out, inventing, and testing new approaches and technologies
The Value You Deliver
- Establishing & grooming a UX Insights Backlog aligned to key product initiatives and prioritized to generate the highest impact
- Directing & conducting strategic research to help teams determine the right problems to solve, the best solutions to serve unmet needs, and ensure excellence in design execution
- Coaching & leading UX research pod team members
- Teaching UX Research methods to other disciplines to democratize some research activities
- Surfacing & curating research findings through tribe-based user insights retrospectives
At Fidelity, we are focused on making our financial expertise broadly accessible and effective in helping people live the lives they want. We are a privately held company that places a high degree of value in creating and nurturing a work environment that attracts the best talent and reflects our commitment to our associates. We are proud of our diverse and inclusive workplace where we respect and value our associates for their unique perspectives and experiences. For information about working at Fidelity, visit Fidelitycareers.com