Location: Durham, NC
Learn more: https://jobs.lever.co/gonoyo/8003d4f3-c8e8-42e2-8bcb-0de0d7ff5d27
At Noyo, we are on a mission to make healthcare more accessible. One of the most significant challenges in healthcare today is a reliance on disconnected and inefficient systems built on antiquated technology.
Our platform powers a modern health insurance system by creating digital standards for the secure exchange of data between insurers, brokers, and consumers. Like Stripe in payments and Plaid in financial services, we are building the pipes that will power the next generation of innovation.
As Noyo’s first designer, you will craft digital experiences that help our customers easily and effectively use our products.
A thoughtfully designed product is essential to delivering a world-class experience to our clients. As an API company, most of the hard work happens under the hood, and the value we bring to our clients is in the simplicity of engaging with some of the most complicated and important elements of running their business.
Our customers are a mix of developers with little prior exposure to insurance and insurance experts with little exposure to technology. In this role, you will develop product strategies based off of insights from our clients and then work with the engineering and product teams to turn these insights into beautifully designed products that add real value.
What You’ll Do
- Lead design projects from concept to execution. You’ll set the vision for the user experience and work closely with a cross-functional team that includes engineers, operators, and client-managers.
- Own a portfolio that includes core product, internal tools, external website, and, occasionally, sales and marketing materials
- Conduct UX research to inform product and design decisions
- As a startup, things change quickly, and you can expect to play a role in a shifting and expansive portfolio of projects
What We Are Looking For
- Impeccable design talent who thinks holistically about the business
- Gifted visual, verbal, and written communicator who can distill complicated concepts into friendly, accessible, and enjoyable experiences
- Strong sense of ownership and organization required to bring a vision to life from the first customer conversations to shipping pixel perfect products
- Highly collaborative and comfortable navigating unstructured problems
- Deep love of technology and experience designing SaaS products a plus
What We Value on the Team
- Judgment to experiment quickly without sacrificing quality
- Combination of ambition and creativity to solve hard problems
- Collaborative approach and focus on finding the best ideas, wherever they may be
Benefits & Perks
- Competitive salary and equity packages
- Health, vision, and dental insurance
- Commuter Benefits
- Open vacation policy
At Noyo, we believe that the best teams are those that represent a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and talents. We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive team that will lead us all to our best work. Noyo is an equal opportunity employer.