Location: Durham, NC
Learn more: Please contact Nicole Woods at firstname.lastname@example.org if interested in this position
The Senior User Experience (UX) Designer is responsible for the UX framework for the WhatCounts platform.
This includes developing documentation (site maps, transaction flows, scenarios, wireframes, navigation models) leveraging existing/building new online capabilities and personalization (across products, channels, experiences). A firm understanding of user-centered design processes and interaction design principles is needed.
• Creating the information architecture and interaction design
• Understanding target audiences' needs, tasks, and goals and translating them into creative concepts and functional components
• Working closely with Product Management to translate business requirements into meaningful interactive experiences, then with Front End Development for implementation
• Overseeing immersive user research, concept testing, and usability testing
• Developing and/or participating in the development of user personas and scenarios to clarify results of user research and focus the team's design efforts on the needs of key users
• Collaboratively developing prototypes for demonstration of concepts to clients
• Conducting competitive audits and market research
• Developing and documenting detailed user experience specifications for highly interactive interfaces
• Participating in User Experience thought leadership in both the company and the industry
Skills & Knowledge
• Demonstrated experience conducting user research and translating user research into design decisions
• Demonstrated experience using web analytics data to inform design decisions
• Demonstrated ability to develop big ideas, and execute flawlessly against them in a highly collaborative environment
• Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills
• High tolerance for ambiguity matched only by your desire to organize it
• 7+ years’ experience as an information architect, interaction designer, or experience designer (or similar role)
• Degree in a related field, Bachelors degree in a design subject (Psychology, UX, HCI, Product Design, Design, Graphic Design, etc. discipline) is preferred.