Company: Project Data Sphere, LLC
Location: Cary, NC
Learn more: If interested in this position please contact email@example.com to learn more.
Project Data Sphere, LLC, is a not-for-profit organization providing an online cancer research platform where the research community can broadly share, integrate and analyze historical, patient-level data from academic and industry cancer clinical trials. As the organization (and platform) approaches its 5 year anniversary, there is the need for both new platform capabilities, and improved user experience for the existing platform capabilities. We anticipate that this consulting project will be front-loaded in terms of the time needed to work on the project, tapering off to more of a maintenance/retainer model as the work progresses throughout the year.
• Interact with users and subject matter experts to identify functional requirements
• Work with subject matter experts and developers to put functional requirements into context via use cases
• Work with team to translate functional requirements into system design
• Designs, develops, and documents high level and detailed storyboards, mockups and/or prototypes to effectively communicate visual designs.
• Runs design reviews, usage walkthroughs, and usability tests with key stakeholders and representative users to validate and iterate designs as needed.
• Prepares feasibility studies and designs tests to determine operating characteristics of software as required
• Focus on user goals and needs and the flow of tasks to achieve those goals.
• Recognize design challenges that may have been solved by others and whether those solutions are relevant to the product
Desired Skills and Experience
• Proficient in interview techniques with subject matter experts
• Ability to create screen mock-ups to effectively communicate designs
• Ability to develop low-fidelity and high-fidelity UI prototypes
• Ability to make design recommendations based on research findings and standard design practices
• Strong interpersonal, teamwork, and leadership skills
• Ability to define goals and expectations, and drive results through clear communication and discipline
• Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills
• Ability to ensure results in the fast-moving and fluid environment of a non-profit information technology start up
• Be proficient with Microsoft Office products include Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Industrial Design, Communications, or a related field.
• 5+ years of user experience design and analysis.
• Experience in at least 2 of these areas: interaction design (IxD), front-end engineering, user research, information architecture, interaction design, or prototyping.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk, and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, or telephone. The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 10-25 pounds.
• To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.