Location: Raleigh, NC
Learn more: https://jobs.citrix.com/job/CITRA0058R15712/Manager-Product-Design
We believe work is not a place, but rather a thing you do. Our technology revolves around this core philosophy. We are relentlessly committed to helping people work and play from anywhere, on any device. Innovation, creativity and a passion for ever-improving performance drive our company and our people forward. We empower the original mobile device: YOU!
We are seeking a passionate and talented Manager, Product Design to guide our enterprise admin and end-user experiences to the next level.
Design is a critical part of the Citrix product vision. Efforts that go into creating the experiences and crafting the details in our products help transform the way people work. Our ideal candidate advocates for users; leverages data to design our product experiences; and mentors and inspires designers. We appreciate managers who think deeply, have a good sense of humor, and love collaboration.
Influence and drive strategic vision within the user-centered design discipline and across other disciplines
- Demonstrate broad understanding of the product landscape and expertise across various domains
- Innovate and drive solutions across products and complex systems where the problem space is ill-defined
- Exhibit deep understanding of business practices and rationale
Proactively collaborate within the design team and with cross-functional teams.
- Work cross-functionally to advance the design process and agenda within the company
- Work with executives in Product Management and Engineering to drive and lead new projects
- Oversee the work of outside agencies and vendors
- Drive design process, goals, and vision across product design groups.
- Help set organization vision and actively align efforts to achieve it
- Help set team goals and effectively engage team members to achieve goals
- Create wireframes, mock-ups, and prototypes for various platforms (e.g., web, mobile, and desktop)
Lead a team of designers
- Recruit and hire product designers
- Inspire other team members to engage and contribute and maintain the cohesiveness of the design team
- Demonstrate design leadership within the team by advocating effectively for the user
- Serve as a key driver for the design process and product strategy
- Contribute to and promote the mission and goals of Product Design both internally and externally
- Review designs to ensure quality and offer design guidance to teammates
- Work with direct reports to establish annual performance and career goals and track their progress
- Write and deliver performance reviews for direct reports
- Take ownership over team designs, decisions, and deliverables
- 2+ years of experience managing product design teams
8+ years of user experience (UX) and user interface (UI) design for multiple products, including experience in:
- User-centered design methods and techniques (e.g., user research and testing, data analysis, customer journey maps, etc.)
- Designing for software applications for multiple platforms (e.g., web, mobile, desktop)
- Working and collaborating in Agile development environments using management and issue tracking software (e.g., Jira)
- Demonstrates high proficiency in creating low- to high-fidelity: wireframes, designs concepts, prototypes, and technical documentation using industry tools (e.g., Sketch, Adobe CreativeCloud, InVision, Axure, Microsoft Office).
- Demonstrates a passion for design, our users, and collaboration with designers and cross-functional team members.
- Has a solid portfolio showcasing work that exhibits design decisions and strategic thought
- Bachelor's degree in visual design, interaction design, human factors, human-computer interaction, or equivalent professional experience
- Experience handling budgets a plus
- Experience working at enterprise companies or with remote teams a plus
Citrix is a cloud company that enables mobile workstyles. We create a continuum between work and life by allowing people to work whenever, wherever, and however they choose. Flexibility and collaboration is what we’re all about. The Perks: We offer competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefits package. You’ll enjoy our workstyle within an incredible culture. We’ll give you all the tools you need to succeed so you can grow and develop with us.
Citrix Systems, Inc. is firmly committed to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and to compliance with all federal, state and local laws that prohibit employment discrimination on the basis of age, race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, religion, genetic carrier status, disability, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, marital status, protected veteran status and other protected classifications.
Citrix uses applicant information consistent with the Citrix Recruitment Policy Notice athttps://www.citrix.com/about/legal/privacy/citrix-recruitment-privacy-notice.html
Citrix welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Reasonable accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the job application process, please contact us at (877) 924-8749 or email us at ASKHR@citrix.com for assistance.
If this is an evergreen requisition, by applying you are giving Citrix consent to be considered for future openings of other roles of similar qualifications.