Location: RTP, NC
Learn more: Please contact Mary Foley at firstname.lastname@example.org
USER EXPERIENCE RESEARCH DIRECTOR
Lead a team of User Experience Researchers to help product teams identify the right problems, find and validate the right solutions, and design high quality experiences.
Fidelity is committed to providing differentiated value to our clients with a personalized, proactive, intuitive and easy experience that deeply meets their planning, investing, and service needs. Core to meeting our strategic intent is understanding human behavior and perception captured through rigorous research and packaged as insights that Fidelity teams rely upon to make informed decisions about the right problems to solve, the right solutions to build, and the best execution of those solutions.
The User Experience Research team is part of Fidelity’s Customer Knowledge and Strategic Insights domain – a 400-person organization consisting of analytics, research, and AI experts.
In our agile model, the User Experience Research Director is aligned with product groups consisting of multiple scrum teams. In this role, the UXR Lead partners closely with UX Design leads, product managers, technologists, marketers, and strategists to help the organization bring new and improved experiences to our current and prospective customers.
The Expertise You Have
• Bachelors and/or Masters in Design, Human Factors, Psychology, or related field
• +10 years conducting and leading UX Research, minimum 3 years managing teams
• Experience delivering UX research in an agile work environment
The Skills You Bring
• You have proven people management capability
• You are resourceful and work consultatively with partners to determine if and which research methods are most appropriate for the problem at hand
• You are collaborative -- working with many individuals and teams across multi-functional zones and areas to achieve outcomes
• You have a growth mindset and enjoy learning and growing your knowledge base and skills
• You like to challenge traditional assumptions about UX Design and Research – seeking out, inventing, and testing new approaches and technologies
The Value You Deliver
• Establishing and grooming UX Insights Backlog aligned to key product initiatives
• Partnering with UX Design Chapter leads, Market Researchers, Segment, Strategy, and Tribe leads to prioritize user experience insights needs
• Coaching UX research pod team members
• Initiating and maintaining democratization of UX Research, so that squads are empowered to run some of their own epic and user-story-level research
• Surfacing & Curating research findings through tribe-based user insights retrospectives
• Connecting user insights across tribes and domains to align efforts and encourage reuse versus re-invention
At Fidelity, we are focused on making our financial expertise broadly accessible and effective in helping people live the lives they want. We are a privately held company that places a high degree of value in creating and nurturing a work environment that attracts the best talent and reflects our commitment to our associates. We are proud of our diverse and inclusive workplace where we respect and value our associates for their unique perspectives and experiences. For information about working at Fidelity, visit Fidelitycareers.com
Fidelity Investments is an equal opportunity employer.