Location: Raleigh, NC
Learn more: Please contact Ethan Fricklas at email@example.com for more information
This role requires a unique blend of real-world experience and theory, entrepreneurial zeal, and elite production and execution.
Working as product experience designer means you’ll tackle a variety of aspects of the design process from user research to physical prototyping to telling the project story to the client. You will work as a member of a multi-disciplinary engineering team to create and deliver market leading offerings for clients across the continuum of care.
You will be helping people live healthier lives when you bring your expertise, passion, energy, focus and all-in approach to work every day. This is the place where you can do your life's best work.
- Create new consumer experiences focused on patients, providers, payers, and others across the health care ecosystem.
- Design new approaches that enhance and extend the consumer experiences while supporting business partners in the creation of new opportunities.
- Gather business, customer and end-user requirements through in person interviews and secondary research.
- Help clients empathize with users by creating deliverables that tell a compelling story.
- Serve as a subject matter expert in the area of product design, user experience, and user interface and interaction design.
- Procure and use data, including key performance indicators, market research, and testing methods, to identify ways to conceptualize and advance the user experience
- Create functional prototypes and designs of different levels of fidelity to help teams determine the design direction for delivery.
- Work alongside and collaboratively with development teams to understand constraints and identify opportunities to modernize our approach to delivery.
- Reviews work performed by others and provides recommendations for improvement
- Defines and manages teams’ deliverables, timelines, estimates / budgets and contractor needs to ensure projects fulfill time / scope / budget parameters
- 7-9 years of product design and/or user experience and design
- 3-5 years of experience in Human Centered Design processes
- Bachelor’s degree in Design with a concentration in communication, customer experience, or user experience
- A Master’s degree in Human Factors, or similar, is a plus.
- All candidates should provide a portfolio demonstrating examples of their work.
Specific Skills Required:
- Defining Value Propositions
- Ethnographic Research and Synthesis
- Persona Development
- Journey Mapping
- User Experience
- Interface Design
- Rapid Prototyping
- Front-end Development
- A variety of graphic design and interactive tools including
- Axure RP (preferred), InVision, or a similar prototyping tool
- Taking an idea from theory and analysis into a market launch — either as an entrepreneur, member of a start-up team, or as an intrapreneur (e.g. line manager, product manager).
- Comfort with clients, working as a collaborator and advisor, and the ability to confidently and credibly share your point of view and expertise.
- Working in an ambiguous and dynamic environment and comfort collaborating with multidisciplinary design teams in a non-hierarchical organization.
- The ability to synthesize multiple, and sometimes conflicting, inputs (i.e., quantitative and qualitative data) into a common point of view.
- The ability to coach and teach other people about business and to help infect the community with an entrepreneurial spirit.
- The ability to be coached, be adaptable and be collaborative
- Exceptional communication and storytelling skills
This is a contract-to-hire position.