Location: Raleigh, NC
Learn more: https://careers.peopleclick.com/careerscp/client_lenovo/external/gateway/viewFromLink.html?jobPostId=133116&localeCode=en-us
Lenovo Data Center Group is currently seeking a user experience (UX) and user interface (UI) principal architect and engineer for our Lenovo private cloud platform ThinkAgile CP (https://www.lenovo.com/us/en/data-center/software-defined-infrastructure/ThinkAgile-CP-Series/p/WMD00000362).
This role will drive the User Experience and User Interface design and development for a worldwide private cloud platform. This individual will be responsible for providing thought and technical leadership both internally within Lenovo for the UX Design and UI development teams for this platform as well as thought and industry leadership among our customers, partners, and peers. This role will be driving overall UX and UI strategy for this platform. We are seeking a highly motivated self-starter with strong UX and UI innovation, development and leadership skills.
This is a principal-level position within software development, and in a highly collaborative environment working directly with Development, QA, Operations and Product Management teams across geographies.
• Master's Degree or PhD degree in Computer Science with a concentration in UI, and/or an advanced degree in HCI, UX, or Human Factors. Or, equivalent practical experience, such as:
- Provable leadership and hand on role developing award or market winning UX and UI designs for SW and HW platforms
- Peer reviewed research papers or books in the UX and UI areas
- Patent portfolio demonstrating innovation in UX and UI areas
- Author or core developer or industry leading UI frameworks
• Strong portfolio of UX and UI Design and Development
• Ability to define interaction model and evaluate success
• Ability to develop wireframes and prototypes around customer needs
• Ability to communicate design ideas and prototypes to others and provide technical direction and domain expertise to UX and Development teams
• Ability to influence diverse teams across DCG and evangelize across DCG and with customers, industry and peers
• Must be able to attend frequent meetings outside of standard working hours, to accommodate teams in other time zones.
• Excellent English speaking and writing skills
• Understanding of Cloud Technologies
• Experience with Web Services, RESTFul architectures, and HTTP/HTTPs protocol
• Experience with source code control systems
• Experience with GIT is preferred
• Ability writing performant, client-side code for high volume, production applications using HTML/CSS/SASS, TypeScript, and AngularJS
• Familiarity with data serialization formats (JSON, XML)
• Knowledge of competitor products and industry trends, OpenStack, VMWare vCloud or SDDS, AWS
• Linux experience
• Excellent communications skills – able to work with teams across cultures fostering trust and collaboration. • Comfortable presenting to large groups and executives.
• Ability to find creative ways to solve UX problems
• Experience conducting concept and usability testing and gathering feedback