Company: HCLWhy you should join this team:
Location: Cary, NC
Learn more: firstname.lastname@example.org
We’re seeking a Visual Designer to join us. As a Visual Designer, you will work with designers, researchers, subject matter experts, and clients of different backgrounds to turn bold new ideas into tangible products and services that will improve people’s lives.
Why this role is important to us:
Visual Designers at HCL take an active, hands-on role in leading the visual design on projects and working with multi-disciplinary teams to implement designs into technology frameworks. This important role requires broad knowledge and advanced skills in visual design, user experience, user interface, and a solid understanding of available client-side technologies.
Once here you will:
What we’re looking for:
- Collaborate closely with strategists, interaction designers, design technologists, and engineers.
- Ensure the quality of detailed visual design throughout all phases of a project.
- Work on a variety of projects across a large spectrum of business verticals and devices: enterprise software, responsive web, and mobile apps.
- Contribute to the creation of design guidelines.
- Work closely with development teams to ensure the feasibility of visual concepts and the fidelity of the final output that design specifications are implemented correctly, actively participating in bug tracking, bug fixing, and UI QA.
- 3-5 years of experience in designing and maintaining visual language systems for digital products and services.
- Bachelors or Master’s Degree in graphics design, interaction design, fine arts, or a related design discipline.
- Strong skills in visual design; additional skills in interaction design is a plus
- Knowledge of user interface design processes and methodology particularly as applied to web-based applications, mobile apps, and enterprise software.
- A solid competency in storytelling; you’re comfortable explaining your ideas to clients and to ideate the best means to present your conceptual work.
- An excellent control of all visual design components. You are an expert in typography and you master grid systems as well as color and composition.
- Knowledge of design patterns and conventions for different mobile operating systems such as Android and iOS.
- Experience in the agile process of software development; working with development teams, providing specifications and visual assets.
- Proven track record of working with software engineering teams to ensure accurate, high quality visual design implementation
- Extraordinary attention to detail and a passion for quality balanced with speed and efficiency
- Experience working with remote teams and a willingness to travel
- A passion for creating products that resonate on an emotional level
- Wildly creative and obsessively meticulous
- A fearless and positive attitude