Company: Fidelity Investments
Learn More: email@example.com
You will lead and conduct User Experience Research supporting a domain within the Workplace Investing portfolio which includes (but is not limited to) NetBenefits, Stock Plan Services, and Plan Sponsor Workstation used by HR and benefits employees across thousands of companies supporting over 20 million end users. You will apply your extensive UX research and agile discovery & development experience to guide teams in identifying and quantifying opportunities, testing and iterating on concepts, and evaluating designs to improve the user experience and deliver significant business impact.
Fidelity is committed to providing differentiated value to our clients with a personalized, proactive, intuitive and easy experience that deeply meets their planning, investing, and service needs. Core to meeting our strategic intent is understanding human behavior and perception captured through rigorous research and packaged as insights that Fidelity teams rely upon to make informed decisions about the right problems to solve, the right solutions to build, and the best execution of those solutions.
In our agile model, the Fidelity Workplace Investing research team members are aligned with product domains consisting of multiple scrum teams. In this role, you will partner closely with UX Design leaders, product management, technologists, marketers, and data analysts to help the organization bring new and improved experiences to our current and prospective customers.
You will report to the Head of Fidelity Workplace Investing UX Research & Insights.
The Expertise You Have:
- Bachelors and/or Masters in Human Factors, Psychology, Computer Science, Statistics and/or related field
- 5+ years of relevant strategic design research experience leading mixed methods UX Research (quantitative and qualitative) in an enterprise setting
- Deep agile design & development experience
- Business acumen – the ability to make sense of the business and balance business and user needs
- Demonstrated experience conducting generative, descriptive, and evaluative research – experience with a comprehensive breadth of latest research methods and measurement techniques in usability and experience design, especially leveraging digital channels
The Skills You Bring:
- You are resourceful and discover unique and creative ways to utlize the many resources and assets across Fidelity to get stuff done
- You are strategic and collaborative partner able to pull together and optimize partners across five disciplines: product management, design, engineering, analytics, and measurement
- Your years of experience as an expert researcher make it easy for you to identify the qual and quant research methods most appropriate for the problem at hand
- You are quantitatively focused and seek insights by triangulating data
- You like to challenge traditional assumptions about UX Design and Research – seeking out, inventing, and testing new approaches and technologies
- Communication and interpersonal skills -- ability to structure and deliver presentations clearly, crisply, and compellingly
- Continual improvement -- always looking for ways to improve – both individually and organizationally.
- Experience using a variety of user research tools for surveying, concept validation, remote moderated/unmoderated testing, diary studies, A/B tests, etc.
The Value You Deliver:
- Driving a learning agenda across a product domain that activates teams, amplifies innovation, and increases learning velocity.
- Connecting user insights across your domain and the domains fo your research peers to align efforts and encourage reuse versus re-invention
- Leading key research studies end-to-end including:
- Articulating research questions and matching with appropriate research methods
- Designing research plans and guides
- Managing the recruiting process
- Moderating studies
- Analyzing findings
- Synthesizing learnings into clear and concise insights and recommendations
- Synthesizing multiple data sets to find correlations to help teams focus in on the metrics that best predict positive business outcomes/in-market success
- Partnering with product team members (UX Design, Market Research, Product Management, Engineering) to prioritize user experience insights needs
At Fidelity, we are focused on making our financial expertise broadly accessible and effective in helping people live the lives they want. We are a privately held company that places a high degree of value in creating and nurturing a work environment that attracts the best talent and reflects our commitment to our associates. We are proud of our diverse and inclusive workplace where we respect and value our associate for their unique perspectives and experiences. For information about working at Fidelity, visit FidelityCareers.com.
Fidelity Investments is an equal opportunity employer.