Location: Cary, North Carolina
Learn More: firstname.lastname@example.org
We are Onna: a fast-growing tech startup based in New York and with offices in Raleigh and Barcelona. We're an international team composed of fun, experienced and hard-working individuals on a mission to create a real-time search for organizations, no matter where the information is stored.
Our work environment is fun, quirky, exciting and flexible to your needs.
Are you a passionate and enthusiastic Interaction Designer who enjoy bringing new and innovative solutions to life? Would you like to be part of a flat organisation with an amazing culture?
As an Interaction Designer, you will bring together UX design and user research to deliver excellent user experience. The ideal candidate is an all-around designer with both interaction and visual design skills. She/he will thrive in a fast-paced work environment that requires strong problem-solving skills and independent self-direction, coupled with an aptitude for team collaboration and open communication. Joining us would mean you'd have a direct impact on a product used by major clients such as Facebook to solve global problems in knowledge management. Come join us to make a difference!
What you bring to the role:
- Full interaction design skill set: user experience, information architecture, experience flows, wireframing and prototyping
- Experience in design systems, responsive strategies, and components
- Experience working in an Agile environment and multidisciplinary product teams
- A team player. Ability to give and receive constructive feedback
- Solve customer problems by synthesizing behavioral information and imagining things as they might be, not as they are
- Producing low-and-high fidelity mockups, detailed interaction specs, and prototypes to effectively communicate your ideas
- Push and evolve visual frameworks and patterns based on brand guidelines and components
- Conduct usability and accessibility testing of new and existing products and applications, while making constructive recommendations for change
- Integrate UX research at various stages of a product life cycle and standardize design practices across the organization
- Partner with designers and developers on devising better, simpler, smarter interactions. Whenever possible, bring your unique strength to help everyone grow and improve
- Minimum 5 years working experience in UX, Service design or a related field.
- A portfolio that demonstrates strong knowledge of design principles for web and/or mobile platforms
- Experience in designing for Software-as-a-Service (SaaS)
- Experience with GitHub and Agile methodology
- A self-starter comfortable working independently with minimal supervision
- Able to take ownership of projects and propose innovative solutions
We like to keep employees happy and are always looking for ways to improve our overall work culture and benefits package. Here are some of the benefits we offer at this time:
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
- Comprehensive medical, vision, and dental coverage
- 401(k) with matching contribution
- Flexible vacation and PTO policies
- Monthly gym membership stipend
- Commuter perks
- Monthly group activities
- Dog-friendly office
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.