Company: Fidelity Investments
Learn more: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Expertise We’re Looking For:
The User Researcher is a core team member, working with one of our internal startups pursuing a particular new business opportunity and conducting quantitative and qualitative User Experience Research to help product teams identify the right problems, find and validate the right solutions, and design high quality experiences.
The Expertise You Have:
• BA/BS degree in Anthropology, Human Factors, Psychology, HCI/Computer Science or other related fields or equivalent practical experience
• 5+ years experience in an industry setting conducting quantitative and qualitative research
• Experience conducting generative, descriptive, and evaluative product research
• Experience with various methods including remote moderated/unmoderated testing, surveying, conjoint analysis, jobs-to-be-done, interviews, user observation, usability testing, resonance testing, concept validation
• Demonstrated understanding of the strengths and shortcomings of different research methods, including when and how to apply them during the product development process
• Excellent interpersonal, communication and teamwork skills
The Skills You Bring:
• Quantitative: You can design and build quantitative study instruments, analyze data, synthesize results, and articulate findings in a way that teams understand. You can conduct experience evaluations, integrating analytics and other data to represent user perception and behavior.
• Qualitative: You are expert moderating user research sessions, interviewing users, synthesizing large sets of qualitative feedback, conducting rapid iterative usability testing, summative usability testing, Expert Reviews (Heuristic analysis, PURE method).
• You are resourceful and work consultatively with partners to determine if and which research methods are most appropriate for the problem at hand.
• You have a growth mindset and enjoy learning and growing your knowledgebase and skills.
• You like to challenge traditional assumptions about UX Design and Research – seeking out, inventing, and testing new approaches and technologies.
The Value You Deliver
• Conducting strategic research and experience measurement to inform product teams
• Collaborating with designers to measure existing and redesigned experiences
• Synthesizing, publishing, and communicating research findings through synchronous and asynchronous mechanisms
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.